What's new

Absinthe

Does anyone know of any Absinthe scented soaps? I like the idea of an absinthe based cream, just for the novelty factor, I've looked at the Korres cream but it's incredibly expensive for the amount you get.

Thanks.

Interesting! I'd also like to know.

I absolutely love the bouquet of Kübler. Can't say a cream with similar aromas is something I'd use daily, but it would be nice.

I don't know of any existing soaps myself, but I'd be willing to be that any one of our soap ladies (goddesses) would be willing to custom scent something for you if they can get the scent oils.

Definitely keep up updated as to how the search goes. I too would be interested in this for the novelty value, especially if it sold at roughly the same prices that the Sues' stuff sells for.

I did actually get in contact with Sue about a soap like this. I suggested a Star Anise scent, as that is the main scent that I pick up when I smell absinthe. Sue told me she'd be able to make a Star Anise soap at $8 per pluck, but as I was the only person interested, I would have had to buy 12 blocks... which I wasn't entirely willing to do. I did thank her very much so for the offer though - customer service like that is unheard of.

If there are a couple of people on here interested, then perhaps we could brainstorm a couple of different notes to include in a Green Fairy (Absinthe) scented soap and get back to her about it? I know that there is an Absinthe essential oil... although I think that may be quite expensive?

I'd get in on a group buy for something anise-scented. Of course I am in Canada, which usually doesn't help... if shipping to Canada was an option I'd definitely jump on it.

I'd get in on a group buy for something anise-scented. Of course I am in Canada, which usually doesn't help... if shipping to Canada was an option I'd definitely jump on it.

I don't know if these buy would be able to occur before this year's ice road begins to thaw. Maybe next year, eh?

Okay, so how would we coordinate a group buy of something with a scent along these lines?

Until they start making fennel (very similar scent to anise) shave soap, I'm in for a cake. Fennel might be another thing to consider adding to the soap (just brainstorming here, very ignorant on this, so I'm sure others with better judgment will point out the error in it), as according to Wikipedia, it has the compound anethole, the same one as anise, and which supposedly accounts for the distinctive scent- or could Sue find anethole? My ignorance is frustrating me!:a52:

Which Sue did you talk to (which company?), out of curiosity? I want to start shopping for more soaps!:biggrin:

Okay, so how would we coordinate a group buy of something with a scent along these lines?

We used to have to do group-buys on parts all the time on a car forum I used to frequent.

What we'd do is make a thread to gauge interest (similar to some of the discussion here). Once it seemed like something enough people wanted, a new thread would be made for signups (preferably by the distributor).

However many people were needed, there were spots for, and people would post to commit to participating, and whoever made the thread would be responsible for updating the 1st post to say who is signed up, as well as who has paid (paypal, etc).

The manufacturing/creating does not happen until the distributor has all the money, so it was usually a pretty slow process, and requires a good amount of trust between the buyers and sellers.

But for rare/unusual/custom things, it can sometimes be worth it :w00t:

Well, QED has an Anise & Lavender shaving soap if you don't mind Lavender.

I'm not a huge fan of Lavender, but thanks for the referral anyway. :)

Which Sue did you talk to (which company?), out of curiosity? I want to start shopping for more soaps!:biggrin:

I spoke to Sue of Mama Bear - http://www.bear-haven.com

I found a list of herbs in Absinthe:
http://www.absinthebuyersguide.com/herbs.html
http://www.absolutelyabsinthe.com/absinthe/herbs.html

There seems a fair amount of interest. I'll continue to look for existing soaps in the meanwhile, in case for whatever reason, one of the soap creators is unable to fulfill our needs :p

Agh, I forgot all about that one! I even had it on my Christmas list, lol.

Have you ever used the Black Ice cream? The ingredients looked pretty nice.

Top Bottom