What's new

Golf shoes as dress shoes?

This is probably a strange question but has anyone worn golf shoes as dress shoes?
I picked up these shoes in the thrift store, they fit perfect and are super comfortable.
I think they look good but they are golf shoes...is there any reason I cant wear these as a (semi)dress shoe?
Is there something about these that screams "This idiot is wearing golf shoes!!"
:laugh:

proxy.php

proxy.php

$4.00...not much to lose, even if I just use them for golfing
proxy.php

proxy.php

Thx
Kevin

I think the rubber sole might make them less 'dressy' as would the brown coloured pebbled leather and the heavy broguing but they don't scream 'golf' shoes to me and they look pretty darn good. If they had cleats, sure sporty...but the sole doesn't look obscenely thick from the side. Those would be the exact kind of shoes I'd wear with a tweed jacket, corduroy trousers or khakis (slightly rumpled for the academic look) on a rainy day. I wear their leather-soled brothers routinely in nicer weather and, therefore, I say 'Go for it'. :)

They might even be Goodyear-welted (if that stitching is 'real'). You did pretty nicely with English made shoes, to boot.

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Some 20 years ago I had a cobbler put a vibram sole on a pair of golf shoes I had, they were so comfy and I wanted to give them a life after golf...., I wore them for quite a while, mostly with jeans and corduroy pants, a more rustic look, especially combined with a tweed jacket.

I don't see anything wrong with using those golf shoes as dress shoes (although they look a little closer to "business casual" than or wearing with suits). Maybe get them resoled?

Generally speaking even taking out the fact that they have spikes or cleats, I think golf shoes aren't dressy enough to be dress shoes. They are usually saddle shoes or often have two-toned looks to them. It seems they are designed more for "showing off" than "blending in." But yours look really nice!

These are golf shows but they aren't. They are for golf pros and store workers in the industry, hence no spikes. They are resoled golf shoes designed for work so you shouldnt worry about it and go for it!

Thanks guys!! I should of been more specific with the "dress" part, definitely more business casual, not worn with a suit
Thx

Top Bottom