What's new

Double Handed Shaving

I am still having some trouble shaving with my left hand, it shakes and I am afraid of getting cut so I was watching some YouTube video of others shaving and came across this video, here is a snip from it:

$2 handed.JPG

Is this two handed method OK? What are the drawbacks?

I'm a firm believer of do what works for you, but I'd be too afraid with that method. Instead of 1, you have to keep 2 hands steady at once working in sync. Using your off hand if difficult for many at first but gets easier. I've read more that one person that said using it to brush your teeth as practice helps.

But again, whatever works. Try it and let us know.

I'm a firm believer of do what works for you, but I'd be too afraid with that method. Instead of 1, you have to keep 2 hands steady at once working in sync. Using your off hand if difficult for many at first but gets easier. I've read more that one person that said using it to brush your teeth as practice helps.

But again, whatever works. Try it and let us know.

Ohhhh, I like that thought. Thanks Obiwan. Take THAT you darn disobedient hand! :001_cool:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I use two hands on the "fool's pass". I hold the blade stationary and nod my head into the blade. Everywhere else is a one handed hold.

I think that's Jarrod of TSS. That freaked me out when I saw this the first time. To me it adds a degree of probability of failure - one of my hands is shaky enough, both shaking out of unison just seems crazy to me. When I go for that last pass I'll brace against the mirror or my chest before I trust my other hand. :scared:

His mileage apparently varies

I think that's Jarrod of TSS. That freaked me out when I saw this the first time. To me it adds a degree of probability of failure - one of my hands is shaky enough, both shaking out of unison just seems crazy to me. When I go for that last pass I'll brace against the mirror or my chest before I trust my other hand. :scared:

His mileage apparently varies

Yes... I think I would have to practice that a lot... on someone else.

One hand only for me! Ive tried and succeeded in doing a little xtg on the neck in the past with the left. I dont do that pass anymore so its the right hand. At this stage of the game I get bbs everytime now. No reason to stir the soup. And @ Kentos I do exactly the same thing but use only one hand. Although when I started every pass was the fools pass! LOL.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
It's not as hard as it sounds. I never do it, but it can help stabilize the blade as you go around the chin.

Just make sure you have control over both of your hands.

$Dr_strangelove_peter_sellers.jpg

I ude my right hand and skin stretch...but that video looks like he is pushing the blade..as apposed to the qeight and gravity doing the work...

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
My hand that is not holding the razor is stretching the skin. So guess you can say I always use both hands..... but not on the blade.
It won't take long for your none dominate hand to master the task.
Strong mind strong body.

That two hands on the razor is fine, if it works for you, and the only way to find out is to give it a try. Remember there's no right or wrong way to shave, its all a matter of finding your own best way.

Top Bottom