What's new

Are there fake or counterfeit Feather razor blades out there?

I have looked on the bay and noticed that the prices are all over the place for Feather razor blades. Are there counterfeit or “seconds” blades out there? Some countries have no qualms about selling fake and dangerous items. Sometimes good deals are not really a deal at all. Thanks. David

The only fake issue I'm aware of was the late Super Iridium and the Rubi Platinum, but that's very old news. About the prices range, you can get Perma-Sharp from 20$ to 36$ from different sellers, you could think the highest price is the real thing....or that the seller have a bigger profit magin.

proxy.php

proxy.php

That is amazing. I never would have known. I collect vintage watches and one has to be very careful of what appears to be an original 40 or 50 year old watch. Thanks for your help! David

I paid $15.99 on eBay for a 50 pack. If they're fake, I can't tell. They're certainly as sharp as I would ever want.

I can't imagine the margin on razor blades being so good that people are willing to go through the effort to counterfeit them. I would say they are most likely stolen.

Hi guys I found your tread while looking into fake Feather blades.

I think I have some fake Feather razor blades which I bought on ebay from Thailand, I'v already posted my suspicions on another forum, check it out : http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-23321.html

Below are a pack of the new ebayed blades on the right and another pack I already had on the left.

$2 old left new right.jpg

The thing that really stands out for me (among other things) is that if you look closely at the paper card, the curl in the "H" in "Hi Stainless" goes the wrong way. What do you think are they fake?

Regards Rory

Last edited:
I believe these are new manufacture. The ones with the bar code and number of blades written on cover.

What makes you believe they are not real?

I have looked on the bay and noticed that the prices are all over the place for Feather razor blades. Are there counterfeit or “seconds” blades out there? Some countries have no qualms about selling fake and dangerous items. Sometimes good deals are not really a deal at all. Thanks. David

well - if some vendor sell conterfeit or dangerous goods i do not think they've got an official approval from the country they reside - and especially not from japan.

I got some Feathers on a recent trip to Brazil. They are specifically packaged for the Brazilian market in blue packages. I believe that I paid about USD 7.65 for a pack of 60. I don't think that they are counterfeit.

$2013-12-08 15.56.16.jpg

I thought the black box were the older ones. The two feather box in the triangle the newer ones, and the one feather in the square the newest ones.
I replied to hardyspicer's post that has two black Feather tucks. The tucks with a bar code and number of blades displayed (both yellow and black) are new to me and only saw them online.
I believe they are of latest manufacture.

Like jdub7758 said I can't believe anyone would take the time to setup machinery to produce fake razor blades. The profit is so small it's not worth it. BUT - we might be looking at that from our perspective here in the US/UK...in India or Russia they may make alot of money - I dunno. Just seems like a lot of trouble for nothing.

I don't think there would be a lot of setup involved. Contract a company that already makes blades. Either have them print on the blades, or print on them yourself. Print some boxen. Done.

I am pretty well convinced that I have counterfeit Feathers. I haven't used anything other than Feathers for years. Late last year I had 100 Feathers sent to me in Florida from some random seller. They cut the **** out of my face. Changed handles - the same. Went to NJ and used Feathers ordered previously. Excellent as always. Took the same Merkur back to Florida with me - the Florida blades nick me consistently

Same soap, same handle, same face - the only difference is the blades. They don't sound the same on my face, they don't shave the same, and they Tear up my face.

Maybe Feather made some dogs and sold them anyway - but that seems the less likely possibility to me.

PHM
---------

Top Bottom