What's new

Martin De Candre Fougere sample sniff pif.

For those of you not sure what Fougere is, much less what it smells like I'd like to start a sample of it to this community. In this thread http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...Candre-Fougere-Soap-just-may-be-a-possibility! Member Bastimret was kind enough to motivate MDC to produce such a scent into a shave soap. It's not often a company will agree to produce something out of their regular line for a niche community such as us.
So to further this goal I have one new bar that I'll take a cutting from that has been sitting on tiop of my display shelf to mail. Better to spend $1-2 in shipping than to spend $70 to see if you even like the scent.

Rules:
You may NOT keep this soap. It's just to sniff and pass on.
If you like to know how this soap will be on your skin wet your wrist and do a rub.
If you want it say "I'd like a sniff".

That's it. Thanks for the interest & the read.
Cheers.

Attachments

• $2013-03-05_09-39-35_925.jpg
    $2013-03-05_09-39-35_925.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Cool PIF.

I had a sample of the fougere bath soap and didn't like it. I really hope that the shaving soap doesn't smell like this bath soap. To me, all of the bath soaps from MDC that I've tried smell very similar, it's a very medicinal scent. And I'm just hoping that it's scented differently.

Very nice! Price (bless him!) pifed me a sample of the fougere bathsoap a few weeks ago. I really enjoy it, and am looking forward to a fougere shaving soap. Know that Bullmoose and Valobra are prototyping one. Hoping that MdC's product will smell just like the bathsoap and/or that Bullmoose's will smell similar.

Does this smell the same as the fougere bar sample that comes with the regular scented shaving soap? If so then that should mean the shaving soap fougere will be the same I hope. That little mini bar sampler was the best thing I've ever smelled in my life. Better than bacon in fact...

Great idea...but I have a French Colleague who said that the SC is scented a bit different than the Bath Soap...more citrusy...Oh...to live in France...

Great idea...but I have a French Colleague who said that the SC is scented a bit different than the Bath Soap...more citrusy...Oh...to live in France...

Crag your right. Much more muted to my nose. Pm me your Addy....:)

Yep, I have the shaving soap, and it's different to the bath soap sample I got with it - definitely more citrusy.

If you want opinions from a few others who have it, there's a long thread about the shaving soap here.

Pif is now closed. I'll have the samples out in couple days. Did all the bst packing and I'm wiped out. Thanks for the interest.
Cheers!

:a47:

Let's not take things too far. We're all gentlemen here, after all!

We'll give you a chance to recant.

:a23:

I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.
:lol:

I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.
:lol:

Whew! Thanks! I feel much better. Now go have some bacon!

Glad you liked it Ryan and appreciate you passing it on. That BTW was the real Fogure. Second batch might be a while so........thumbup1:

Top Bottom