What's new

Wow got my first Tommy Bahama Dress Shirt...

This thing is immaculate! If you have ever felt 1000 thread count sheets, the fabric of this shirt feels just like them! Found it for $40 (which seamed pretty good to me)

Are there other dress shirt brands that have that 1000 thread count feel (very smooth but heavy for its size and thick but still flexible)?

That seems to be a great price, at least compared to what I've encountered. That fabric is amazing. Its feels incredibly soft, yet incredibly durable at the same time. Nice score.

This thing is immaculate! If you have ever felt 1000 thread count sheets, the fabric of this shirt feels just like them! Found it for $40 (which seamed pretty good to me)

Are there other dress shirt brands that have that 1000 thread count feel (very smooth but heavy for its size and thick but still flexible)?

Very punny.

no suggestions on similar fabrics from different manufacturers?

I am a huge Robert Graham fan. Great shirts, cool details, and if you can find them on sale they are worth it. Robert Talbott is another that I like, but more formal.

I don't know about their thread count, but I have a few Harry Vardon shirts for golfing. Those shirts are not only super soft, but also breathable and extremely well constructed.

Hate to thread hijack, but I'm not a fan of hughe thread-count sheets; most are double-ply, making the real thread count half the stated, and that many threads results in a finished product that's just too heavy and doesn't drpe well (too thick). Give me quality 200 TC percale long-staple Egyptian or Pima cotton sheets any day.

Tommy Bahamas are very nice shirts but typically overpriced, imho. I'm not pulling any names off the top of my head but you can get as good or at least damn close for significantly less. I'll see if I can find a couple names I know are considered rough equals, but cheaper.

@ $40 you got quite a deal, compared to the ones I;ve seen. I don't think I;ve seen one in a store under $100.

http://www.tommybahama.com/TBG/Men/Shirts.jsp?bmUID=1199638750752

I know there is a Tommy Bahama outlet in Vacaville CA. If you are in Northern California, the deals are worth a trip to get the Bahama or Indigo Blues clothes at a great price. Robert Graham makes a great shirt that is distinctive, really a step above and apart. You will pay the price for a Graham. I have found good deals at Sierra Outpost and Off 5th (the Sak's outlet).

Cheers
Bruce

The thing that surprised me was that it was an actual dress shirt, not a beach shirt, fantastic quality, now I just need to find some similar for around $25-30... then I could sustain my shirt buying...

Hate to thread hijack, but I'm not a fan of hughe thread-count sheets; most are double-ply, making the real thread count half the stated, and that many threads results in a finished product that's just too heavy and doesn't drpe well (too thick). Give me quality 200 TC percale long-staple Egyptian or Pima cotton sheets any day.

I only have one set but they are single ply, and its the heaviness that I really like about them. They drape very well for me (better than my 250-500 TC sheets). The only reason I have them though is I got the whole set for $30

I don't know of any EU outlets... worth looking into online though. I still haven't found a shirt in person that is comparable for the same price....

I am a huge Robert Graham fan. Great shirts, cool details, and if you can find them on sale they are worth it. Robert Talbott is another that I like, but more formal.

Wow they look amazing but sadly are far out of my price range... need to find something less than $40 to make my purchasing sustainable.

Wow they look amazing but sadly are far out of my price range... need to find something less than $40 to make my purchasing sustainable.

Did you get a Tommy Bahama for less than $40? If so please let me know where, I have been looking.

I was searching back through The Speakeasy and came upon this thread. I also got myself a Tommy Bahama shirt for under $40. It was on sale at Macy's for $35 or so. Great shirt.

Sorry to bump and old thread.

I got married in this shirt and my groomsmen were wearing shirts from the same manufacturer. Look like most TB shirts and feels the EXACT same. Material content is really close. This shirt was $39 brand new and my guys shirts were $55 brand new (go figure!).

proxy.php

Manufacturer is Bamboo Cay. I'm from Florida and there are a lot of wannabee companies here but these are by far the best "fakes". Sold at Ron Jons and a few other select tropical themed stores.

Top Bottom