What's new

Birthday is coming up .New Stainless Razor Recommendations?

I am looking to get my first (and hopefully last) high end stainless razor. Something that has higher production tolerance's and quality control than the mass produced razors, so I’m looking to get a little advice and recommendations from the more experienced of this great forum.

I’m fairly new to DE shaving, not a collector and not really interested in using vintage razors. I wet DE shave as a luxury not as a hobby, so I’m looking for a razor that will grow with me as I become more experienced and will be a pleasure to use every time I pick it up. I shave daily and would say my growth is fairly coarse (a feather blade is dulled after about 3 shaves) and fast growing, but with sensitive skin especially on my neck. I’m not one of those guys that shaves at 8am and has stubble at 11am though.

With that background here is what I’m looking at in the order of preference, but nothing is set in stone. This is just the order of preference based on my research. Please suggest any others that I may not have found or your recommendations or thoughts. Thanks in advance!

Above the Tie - Titan 5 piece – Atlas handle and H1, R1 and M1 bases
Pros: You get a semi mild to aggressive razor all in one​
Cons: Price

Ikon - Power of 5 set – OSS Handle and OSS, safety bar and open comb bases
Pros: Good reputation, good value and different shaving options
Cons: Would probably never use the open comb base

Tradere - Solid Bar
Pros: Good reputation, customer service and build tolerances

Weber - 3 - piece with Classic handle
Pros: Price
Cons: ?

Feather AS-D1
Pros: Good reputation
Cons: Price and reputation as a very mild razor (I already have mild and not interested in another)

Last edited:
good stuff, I will be folowing this one as i see these razors on BST but really have limited knowledge of them.

Weber. For price, quality and shave. Hard to beat on all fronts at less than half the price in most instances. Ikon open comb a close second.

I've owned the ATT Titan H1, Ikon 2013 Standard Bar, Weber, and Tradere Solid Bar. I can tell you which one I still have: the Tradere Solid Bar. I sold off the Titan H1 as it's just better to use a shavette. I sold off the Weber because it's too similar to my EJde89. I will be putting up the Ikon 2013 Standard Bar soon, as it shaves the same as the Tradere Solid Bar, only not as smooth.

I highly recommend the Tradere SB if you're going to buy just one stainless razor. The quality is second to none, and it shaves really well.

I have shaved with every style of Gillette, the first rendition of the iKon De Luxe open comb, the Tradere open comb, the Weber, the feather AS-D1, and the Titan H1. The Titan H1 provides a shave far superior to any other razor I have used and it has become the only razor I use.

Titan H1 is my vote, but YMMV.

For me... I would go with the Weber. It is the best bang for your buck stainless steel razor in the planet. I always get incredible face & dome shaves every time. Good luck & keep us posted with pics of course.

WARHAWK

All good feedback...keep it coming. Price really isn't an issue, it was just the only pro/con I could think of for some of the razors.

So after some more research I'm really down to either the (a) Titan 5 piece or the (b) Tradere - Solid Bar. I was planning on taking a trip to WCS Saturday after biking the river trail, but ended up finishing up later than expected and couldn't get there by closing time. If I had made it I would have probably picked up the Tradere (instant gratification), but I'm really leaning towards ordering the Titan. I'll update again with which one I end up with.

So after some more research I'm really down to either the (a) Titan 5 piece or the (b) Tradere - Solid Bar. I was planning on taking a trip to WCS Saturday after biking the river trail, but ended up finishing up later than expected and couldn't get there by closing time. If I had made it I would have probably picked up the Tradere (instant gratification), but I'm really leaning towards ordering the Titan. I'll update again with which one I end up with.
The Titan has a money back guarantee if u dont like it. ( which u will)

I have the Weber and the Tradere OC. The Tradere is a class above the Weber in terms of build quality, it's outstanding, and it shaves smoother than the Weber. It's a RAD killer. This has limited my experience with SS razors though, it was the second one I bought after the Weber and since I've had it I've not felt the urge to buy anything else.

While the Weber is an excellent razor as a tool, I don't feel that it fits well with the "high production tolerance and quality control" requirement. The threads on mine feel sloppy until it's snugged up, and the blade doesn't look quite straight in the head if you look closely. I must point out that neither of these affect the shave, but it doesn't have the luxury feel it sounds like you're after.

I really like the look of the ATT razors, but at the moment I only have one high-end spot and it's occupied. I probably wouldn't go for the set though if you're not a collector as I think I'd try all the bits until I found the combination that worked best for me and then stick with that. ATT's customer service is supposed to be excellent though, so I'd probably order the R1 (I think that's Regular) base plate with whichever handle you prefer and ask about an exchange if you find it too mild / aggressive.

I am looking to get my first (and hopefully last) high end stainless razor. Something that has higher production tolerance's and quality control than the mass produced razors, so I’m looking to get a little advice and recommendations from the more experienced of this great forum.

I’m fairly new to DE shaving, not a collector and not really interested in using vintage razors. I wet DE shave as a luxury not as a hobby, so I’m looking for a razor that will grow with me as I become more experienced and will be a pleasure to use every time I pick it up. I shave daily and would say my growth is fairly coarse (a feather blade is dulled after about 3 shaves) and fast growing, but with sensitive skin especially on my neck. I’m not one of those guys that shaves at 8am and has stubble at 11am though.

With that background here is what I’m looking at in the order of preference, but nothing is set in stone. This is just the order of preference based on my research. Please suggest any others that I may not have found or your recommendations or thoughts. Thanks in advance!

Above the Tie - Titan 5 piece – Atlas handle and H1, R1 and M1 bases
Pros: You get a semi mild to aggressive razor all in one​

Ikon - Power of 5 set – OSS Handle and OSS, safety bar and open comb bases
Pros: Good reputation, good value and different shaving options
Cons: Would probably never use the open comb base

Tradere - Solid Bar
Pros: Good reputation, customer service and build tolerances

Weber - 3 - piece with Classic handle
Pros: Price
Cons: ?

Feather AS-D1
Pros: Good reputation
Cons: Price and reputation as a very mild razor (I already have mild and not interested in another)

I have an Ikon standard bar, which is a bit mild for my liking and the OC which is nice but I still have some issues about it getting areas of my neck, I can't wait to get the slant bar head for the Ikon when it's available. I actually have the ATT Titan with the H1 and R1 bases on order. I should have them by the end of the week. I need something that is a bit more aggressive for my beard and I am really hoping the Titan does it. Based on the reviews I've read I have high expectations for this razor. Good luck with you decision. In the end they are all quality shaving shaving tools and I am at the point now where I am only buying stainless steel razors because of the durability.

I have the Tradere and will also attest to its quality. I also have an Ikon S3S (no longer produced) that I like as well.

Tradere SB. I will shave with this razor the rest of my life. I might try other razors now and then, but this will always be my go to.

Top Bottom