What's new

Whats up with this?

Hey guys. So I have to shave everyday now for work. Previously I never did this. The first day I shaved was great, the second day was harsh! irritation... I tihnk it was the lather so today, the third day, I tried it again. Same problem, irritation on the neck. I think it might be because I am now shaving everyday and my face isnt use to it. Whats up though guys? Any Ideas?

Badger hair brush
Trufitt/hill soap
Fatboy
Derby blades
alcohol aftershave
moisturize.

Hi there

Yes, Im guessing its the fact you are shaving everyday, I had a similar problem (and still do occasionally if I rush).

I found that spending a little longer on pre-shave prep helped a lot and only doing 2 passes every other day whilst 4 passes on the other days, I also have 1 day a week off from shaving to give my face a rest.

Also, I take much lighter strokes now, which has helped a lot.

Try using a non alchohol AS or apply to chest, back and side of neck.

Good luck

also......
while you are acclimating to this new routine, don't try for BBS every shave.
When your face is hurting, it's trying to tell you something.
Listen up. :a13:
Stay away from the ATG passes when your mug aint "up to snuff'"

;)

I'd start by shaving only WTG for awhile until your skin gets used to shaving daily. Just shoot for par. Then try XTG/ATG.

==Tom

+2
I agree with the others. For a few more day make your goal acceptability, not perfection. Since you're doing it every day you can dial that in pretty easily. Wishing you expected improvements and smoother shaving....:wink:

If you're not used to shaving everyday, make it a gradual transition. Don't go for BBS, etc... Try adding a non-shave day, like Saturday as well to help your face recover. Eventually you should be able to shave everyday with great results.

Top Bottom