What's new

Get Your Hike On! - Picture Thread

Haven't seen one here, so I'll start it off. Post up a pic (or more) of one of your hikes. Let the rest of us B&Bers see some of the cool places you've visited.

First - what I call the Big A*s Curve, just below the Tip Off on the South Kaibab Trail, Grand Canyon National Park.
This is about 3/4 of the way down from the South rim to the Colorado River. If you look just left of center, you can see a mule train coming up the trail from Phantom Ranch at the bottom.
proxy.php

This is Jenny Lake off of the Jenny Lake Trail, Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming. Looking forward to returning back someday, it was absolutely beautiful.

$jenny lake.jpg

On the way up to Donahue pass on the Muir trail, just leaving timberline at 10,000 feet. Donahue pass is 11,056 feet.

proxy.php

I wished I had been able to attend, but I can't pass up my favorite hiking shot of my son at Inspiration Point Urraca Mesa.

Attachments

• $Inspiration Point_final.jpg
    $Inspiration Point_final.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 909
Last edited:
I'm reasonably sure I've posted this photograph here before, but this is from western Virginia this past summer.

proxy.php

Beautiful places!
Here are some of my 2012 and early 2013 excursions.

proxy.php

Valley of Estaón, in the catalan Pyrenees.

proxy.php

Estany Negre (Black Lake) from the Portella (Pass) de Baiau. Border between Spain and Andorra.

proxy.php

A frozen lake in the northern Cerdanya. A piece of catalan-speaking land in the french Pyrenees.

Mountains of Northern NM

$DSCF0608.jpg

$DSCF0648.jpg
State Highpoint: Wheeler Pk. 13,160ft

$20121014_134233.jpg$20121014_142521.jpg
Sierra Blanca, NM: highest southern mountain in mainland US 12,001ft

Last edited:
Dang! Ya'll visit some cool places!

Here's one from last spring. Middle of nowhere off of Greenbrier Road, Great Smoky Mountain National Park, standing on a rock in the middle of the stream.

proxy.php

Here are a very few from some of my hikes in the last year. I have a ton more once I get home, and maybe I'll post some of the better ones :)

$32333_10152229668280454_849607591_n.jpg
This first is from The Boulder Field at Hickory Run State Park.

$59816_10152229650500454_196338011_n.jpg
This is a picture of SWMBO on the bridge near Turn Hole Tunnel and Glenn Onoko In Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania

$251150_10150664222945454_4777307_n.jpg
And another picture of me overlooking Hawk Falls, Also in Hickory Run State Park.

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Near Oneida, TN. I don't think it was a park, just a local stream I happend to come upon in my travels that day.

$Picture2 053.jpg

Here's one from this past weekend. This is Sky Meadows State Park in Virginia. If you live in the DC area and want to hike just for an afternoon, this is a great place.
proxy.php

This is the AT, which connects to the Sky Meadows trails. It was still snowy from last week's storm.
proxy.php

The AT shelter where my brother and I spent the night. Photographs don't do this place justice. Fifteen feet in front of the shelter is a decent sized stream, which was flowing well from all the melting snow.
proxy.php

Top Bottom