What's new

Best place to buy?

Newbie looking for the best place to buy a quality shaving cream. It sounds, from reading the reviews, that I would like to try an almond shaving cream. Is there a site on the internet where I could purchase different creams?

Shavingcream.com is good if they carry what you're looking for. The only old-school brand they seem to carry is Truefitt & Hill (although they do carry the Pre de Provence shave soap, which is fantastic and a great bargain).

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
when I go to qedusa.com, the page is completely blank

:confused1 :confused1 :confused1

I clicked on the link in my post above, and it worked fine.

(Has Charles added one more level of confusion to his website??!! :eek2: )

ahh, I see what it is, in Firefox it's showing up as nothing at all on the site. When I use IE, it is there. I wonder if they know about this. Lot of us firefox users out there!

well when I go there with 2.0.0.9 the page is blank. When I do a view source, I get this:

Code:
<html><head><title></title></head>

<frameset rows="0,0,*" frameborder='no' framespacing=0 border=0>
   <frame name="a" src="cat_script.htm" scrolling="no" noresize frameborder='no' marginheight=0 marginwidth=0>
   <frame name="b" src="data0.htm" scrolling="no" noresize frameborder='no' marginheight=0 marginwidth=0>
   <frame name="c" src="cat_SplashScreen.htm" scrolling="auto">

</frameset>
</html>

That is the correct main page, but it seems your browser isn't handling frames correctly or something is disabled. Make sure you don't have javascript disabled.

nope, javascript is enabled because I am building a website that uses it. IT's just coming up blank in FF, but fine in IE..

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
From the QED website, here's the contact info ...

Contact Info ...

The best way to communicate with us is via email at [email protected]. You'll find us very responsive to email communications.

Our fax number is: (401) 433-4021.

To contact us via snail mail address your correspondence to:

QED<

Our fax number is: (401) 433-4021.

To contact us via snail mail address your correspondence to:

QED, Inc.
218 Terrace Avenue
Riverside, RI 02915-4821 USA
Our phone number is (401) 433-4045, but this should be used as a last resort to avoid unnecessary toll calls.

since the QED website is a well-known quagmire, you might just want to send an e-mail to Charles and ask for help ... a very helpful chap!

+1 on QED. Super fast service, great prices and shipping, and lots of really cool stuff. Pick up a shave stick while you are at it! And a razor...and a saville row brush...and some QED after-shave balm...and...OK, I better stop.

well when I go there with 2.0.0.9 the page is blank. When I do a view source, I get this:

Code:
<html><head><title></title></head>

<frameset rows="0,0,*" frameborder='no' framespacing=0 border=0>
   <frame name="a" src="cat_script.htm" scrolling="no" noresize frameborder='no' marginheight=0 marginwidth=0>
   <frame name="b" src="data0.htm" scrolling="no" noresize frameborder='no' marginheight=0 marginwidth=0>
   <frame name="c" src="cat_SplashScreen.htm" scrolling="auto">

</frameset>
</html>

Under the "Help" tab, click on "Check for Updates"
It should upgrade you to 2.0.0.11, which is the current version of FF.
Perhaps that'll help.

ok cool thanks, updating to the latest version fixed the problem, whatever it was =)

Great! Glad I could help.:001_smile
Further to that, check "tools", then "options", "advanced", "update",
and check all boxes that are under the "automatically check for updates to" header.

Top Bottom