What's new

In a Hurry

What do you guys do if your in a hurry? Now believe me (even though im new at this) i would much rather take my time for a nice shave, but what is done if your in a hurry. Just curious in case i run into that problem. Thanks

Molle. I think the Lucky Tiger version is the same.

It's brushless and is actually my best performing shave prep. I alternate it every other day with my lather creams (TOBS Rose and Musgo).

After you wash, rub a bit in vigorously for a minute or two, rinse with warm water, repeat and shave.

If I'm really in a rush, I use both hands - lathering one side of my face with my left while shaving the other side with my right. :biggrin:

Cheers

Jeremy

If I'm really in a rush, I use both hands - lathering one side of my face with my left while shaving the other side with my right. :biggrin:

Cheers

Jeremy

So the left side is hairy and covered in dry lather while the right is both hairless and skinless? :tongue:

My hurried shave is just one pass WTG with a Derby so the hacking doesn't hurt.

Never had a rushed shave, but if I'm not too concerned with a BBS shave but still want a close shave I just do two passes, one straight down and one straight up.

Works for me :biggrin:

Regards

Proraso in a can (best canned goop I've ever used) and 2 WTG or 1 WTG and 1 XTG passes with an HD. I've heard Cremo cream is fantastic and it's made to be used brushless.

Cheers
Jeremy

I'd love to see a movie of somebody multitasking in that manner. I thought it was only women that could truly multitask.:lol:

I revert to my M3 and Gillette ActiveShave cream. Only have had to do this once in three months of DE shaving. Shaving is much more enjoyable now. Not as much a chore.

So, if I'm running late, I tend to shave time off of other morning routines before clipping time from shaving.

I try not to get into that predicament, but when I do I use the M3. Still whip up my own lather, though.

I work hard at having enough time for a good shave. occasionally something goes wrong. In that case I use one of the KMF creams or Creamo Cream with my hands. I think the Creamo might be just a bit slicker, but I like the smell of the KMF creams better. each gives me excellent results and I can probably get two passes done in 5 minutes. no BBS when you are in a hurry.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
What do you guys do if your in a hurry? Now believe me (even though im new at this) i would much rather take my time for a nice shave, but what is done if your in a hurry. Just curious in case i run into that problem. Thanks

Use a lot of styptic pencil later ... :scared:

If I'm in a semi-hurry, it's shave stick time. If I'm in a huge hurry then it's canned Barbasol foam. Yes, it's canned foam, but it's classic canned foam. In any situation tho, it's always a DE.

if there is the slightest chance i may be in a hurry the next morning i shave at night so i can take my time

i just do a quick 2 pass (with & across the grain) using a shave stick, 5 mins and im out the door, that is if i can pick a shave stick or decide to just be late and get a good shave or skip the shave until i have more time or .........

One pass. It will make me look presentable, but I never try to rush that BBS shave... Even if it makes me late to work. :devil2:

EXACTLY...you'll spend your time cleaning up blood if you try too hard...just whip one pass and be done with it-- hope you don't see anyone you know, and then again, you'll look better than your average M3 shaver.

I revert to my M3 and Gillette ActiveShave cream. Only have had to do this once in three months of DE shaving. Shaving is much more enjoyable now. Not as much a chore.

So, if I'm running late, I tend to shave time off of other morning routines before clipping time from shaving.

You mean Edge ActiveCare, right?

The new Therapy gel, or the cream in a tube?

Talk about mixing my metaphoams. :redface:

Fortunately, I'm home and can pull the gunk off the shelf. I have two:

You're right: Edge ActiveCare. A white cream in a white tube.

And Gillette Complete Skin Care Shave Gel - a blue gel in a clear tube. Very slick. I could shave for a month without changing blades with this stuff. Not a bad scent either.

I prefer the Gillette, bought the Edge just before I started DE shaving. ONly used it a couple of times. Only recall it was OK - not as good as the Gillette.

Add those two together and you get Gillette ActiveShave! :biggrin:

Top Bottom