What's new

Mike's hand made soaps from Brooklyn.

MIKE's NATURAL SOAPS (A different poll)

• Handmade in the U.S.A.

• Handmade in Ann Arbor, MI

• Doesn't matter

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thanks fellas. I just grabbed the bar, warmed it ever so slightly with a couple 10 second bursts in the MW and then formed it into my "Ship Grand Turk" OS mug. Mike's soap bars are generous and it filled the mug almost 3/4 of the way. The Mike's BR soap will sail tomorrow!

I keep my Mike's bars in a a cheap rectangular, sealable plastic container, and hold the bar in my hand to load. No problems, great performance.

I have some tins and one bar. I like the bar but the only thing is telling which is which if you have multiple bars. Love all his soaps! Getting the coconut bar next!

My first run with Mike's today. I went with the bar molded into a mug. The soap has met and exceed expectations. Great lather, heavenly bay rum scent. I was thinking about the "ID" issue with his soaps. I had a sample someone sent me once and I had to do the sniff test to remember what it was. I think for future orders I will order tins. Now, I wish Mike would develop a "spice" type soap!

I bought some tins that are the same that Mikes come in off of Amazon. Now I just buy the bars and mash them into the tins with my fingers. Real easy to do and the tins are handy for all kinds of stuff and not expensive.

Danricgro, that sounds like a great idea. Can you furnish a link to the specific tins you are talking about (or just tell me which ones to look for)? Thanks!

Well, judging from this picture taken from his website, I would assume that it's how he intended for it to be used.

proxy.php

Let me add to the chorus of praise for Mike's Hungarian Lavender.

I had my first shave with it yesterday. The lavender scent is fresh and clear, with no hint of anything medicinal or artificial. The top notes are counterbalanced by an earthiness that adds complexity and interest. The intensity of the scent is just right: not too strong, not too faint. And, of course, it makes the cushion-y, protective lather that is the hallmark of Mike's Natural Soaps.

I like HL even better than Barber Shop, which is saying a lot. I also can't wait to try the free sample of Peppermint & Rosemary that Mike kindly included with my order.

I like HL even better than Barber Shop, which is saying a lot.

I meant to order the Lime but hit a snag somehow and ended up with Barbershop. I must have hit the wrong order/add to cart button of something. At first I didn't care for it. It didn't smell bad but it wasn't anything I looked forward to smelling either. After a few weeks of using the Barbershop I now love it and want to order it again!
It is a great scent. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom