What's new

Mike's hand made soaps from Brooklyn.

MIKE's NATURAL SOAPS (A different poll)

• Handmade in the U.S.A.

• Handmade in Ann Arbor, MI

• Doesn't matter

Results are only viewable after voting.
It does really make you wonder. For me, if I was looking for just a variety of great soaps with great scents, there's really little need to look much beyond the artisan soaps available in the States. But you have to also factor in that I have a disorder when it comes to shave soap.... and I also like the obscure and hard to get.... so MdC, Calani, Klar Seifen, and soaps that those will always have a place in my den.

Ben

I am all over that with Klar Rose two bars for almost free and enough soap to shave for longer than I can think of.

But when I started all the DE and SR stuff it was because the cartridge world was way too costly and produced results that were poor.

When you start paying more for a bar of soap then that much gold ... with all due respect ....?

Bunch of lousy no good enablers I tells ya! :mad3: :001_tongu

I've been holding off buying any additional shaving stuff for 6 months now, though I have been wanting to try the Hungarian Lavender since it came out. I just bought a bar of that and a bar of the Lemongrass & Eucalyptus. That brings my total number of Mike's "flavours" to 6! Might say I like the stuff. :w00t:

Bunch of lousy no good enablers I tells ya! :mad3: :001_tongu

I've been holding off buying any additional shaving stuff for 6 months now, though I have been wanting to try the Hungarian Lavender since it came out. I just bought a bar of that and a bar of the Lemongrass & Eucalyptus. That brings my total number of Mike's "flavours" to 6! Might say I like the stuff. :w00t:

Yupe ..... I have kept myself to 2 only 2.... it's killing me man - just imagine Cramer saying that

The Lemongrass sounds great for summer...I love the smell of lemon so long as its not too sweet. I found RazorRock's lemon to be too sweet.

The Lemongrass sounds great for summer...I love the smell of lemon so long as its not too sweet. I found RazorRock's lemon to be too sweet.

* You won't find the Lemongrass & Eucalyptus too sweet. i think it is Mike's best scent, personally. i, absolutely, love it and it is quite intoxicating!
i still believe Mike and Michelle (Mystic Water) are making some of the best soaps there are!

* You won't find the Lemongrass & Eucalyptus too sweet. i think it is Mike's best scent, personally. i, absolutely, love it and it is quite intoxicating!oh
i still believe Mike and Michelle (Mystic Water) are making some of the best soaps there are!

Oh no i think i have # 3 coming on

Last edited:
There is only one thing worse than having to wait 2 weeks for my 3 tins of Mike's Soaps to make their way from Brooklyn to the outback in Australia....and that's deciding which one to try first!

I had heard so many rave reveiws about these soaps that I placed my order a couple of weeks ago for the Vetiver, Orange/cedarwood with black pepper and also the Hungarian lavender, much to my joy they rocked up today and I couldn't wait to try one. After spending some time soap sniffing I settled on the Orange and cedarwood with black pepper one, went with my TOBS brush in pure and a schick injector.

Just a few swirls with the brush and I could tell that Mikes soaps were going to be top class, almost instantly the top turned a foamy white and started to lather, I kept going until I had a good brush load before finishing in my bowl.

The scent was really nice, not too heavy but certainly hitting the senses and the lather was rich and creamy, leaving a nice slickness after each pass.
I have to say this is certainly one of the best soaps I have tried to date and at Mikes prices they are a steal.

I ordered my first couple of tins (Hungarian lavender & vetiver) several days ago and I'm eagerly anticipating their arrival. Hoping they're as good as people say because I would much rather give my money to the little guy.

* You won't find the Lemongrass & Eucalyptus too sweet. i think it is Mike's best scent, personally. i, absolutely, love it and it is quite intoxicating!

I've never heard of mystic water, will have to give them a try too.

I ordered my first couple of tins (Hungarian lavender & vetiver) several days ago and I'm eagerly anticipating their arrival. Hoping they're as good as people say because I would much rather give my money to the little guy.

Be careful what you wish for, i'm addicted to his soaps.:biggrin1:

He makes a wonderful product and deserves all the praise he gets on this site.

I've never heard of mystic water, will have to give them a try too.

Great stuff, *almost* as good as Mike's, IMO. I'm working through a sampler pack of Mystic Water right now, and I have a puck of the Cedar & Sage.

For Mike's I have:
Barbershop
Hungarian Lavender (in the mail)
Lemongrass & Eucalyptus (in the mail)
Lime
Peppermint & Rosemary
Pine & Cedarwood

Top Bottom