What's new

Mike's hand made soaps from Brooklyn.

MIKE's NATURAL SOAPS (A different poll)

• Handmade in the U.S.A.

• Handmade in Ann Arbor, MI

• Doesn't matter

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mike's is slick, smells great (lemongrass), and leaves my face feeling good afterward. It seems to moisturize and leave my skin feeling better than any soap. Agree with Eric on the tins.

Mikes Peppermint and Rosemary with my Semogue 1460....love this soap

$Photo1.jpg

Gotta question is it better to load this soap from tin or bar? I'm still having a little trouble with this soap and I have 4 other brand new samples that I might sell.

I thought of just getting a full tin of the Coconut and trying it that way.

Also is it a fairly thirsty soap?

Gotta question is it better to load this soap from tin or bar? I'm still having a little trouble with this soap and I have 4 other brand new samples that I might sell.

I thought of just getting a full tin of the Coconut and trying it that way.

Also is it a fairly thirsty soap?

Yes, Mike's is a pretty thirsty soap. I find that I need to use more water with Mike's than with QCS or Mystic Waters.

I have been able to lather Mike's either from the tub, or from a sample that I pressed into the bottom of a mug. I haven't used one of the bars, but I don't think my results would be different. They key for me with Mike's was squeezing the water out of my brush so it wasn't too wet, using a brush with lots of backbone (boars worked better than my silvertip badger) and loading the heck out of my brush so I had plenty of product.

Nick

I'm going to try and finish up the coconut sample and buy a full tin to see if that works better.

I really want to make Mikes soaps work because I love the scents I have so far.

I used my Mike's Bay Rum today. It is a thirsty soap. I soaked my brush in hot water while I showered, then shook it out with 5 good shakes. Then said my ABCs while I loaded the brush. Pored the water out of the cup and placed the brush in it to warm. When I tried to lather, it was way to dry. Dipped the tips of the brush in the sink, tried again. Dipped them again, ah, now we are getting somewhere. The lather exploded! Very thick, luxurious, slick lather. The scent was a little mild I think, but I've been using Ogallala and everything is mild compared to it! But I think it will have a permanent place in my den.

Just got a tub of this soap. Used it for the 1st time yesterday.

All I can say is, wow. Another winner. I like strongly-scented soaps, and this one doesn't disappoint. It's a single-note lavender, and a high-quality one at that. A bit herbal, a bit medicinal, and a bit minty. Perfect. And shave-wise, well...it's one of Mike's soaps. Need I say more?

When I stumbled onto B&B 5+ years ago, like most of you I began experimenting with almost every product I could get my hands on. I quickly became a fan of QED, mainly because his soaps lathered well, were scented strongly & were all EO-based. I'm still a fan but a glycerin-based soap is never gonna give you the protection, luxury or post-shave skin feel of a quality, tallow-based soap. But now? To my mind, Mike is rapidly becoming the QED of tallow-based, artisanal soaps. IMHO, we're all very lucky to have him around.

Thanks, Mike. :thumbup1:

Mike's Hungarian lavender is one of my favorites of his. Right behind the vetiver and bay rum. The scent is very true to the French lavender I have growing in the yard.

Mike's was one of the first artisan soaps I tried and while the lather was fantastic, for some reason I just couldn't get along with the scents he had at the time. Recently I was PIF'ed a sample of the Hungarian Lavender and fell in love with it. Truly fantastic. Reminds me in scent of a cross between MdC and Pen's B&B.

I don't know what he's got cooking up there in Brooklyn, but it's special.

Yup, Hungarian Lavender is a good one. It's a tough soap too... I have shaved with it about 10-12 times and barely made a dent.

Mike's was one of the first artisan soaps I tried and while the lather was fantastic, for some reason I just couldn't get along with the scents he had at the time. Recently I was PIF'ed a sample of the Hungarian Lavender and fell in love with it. Truly fantastic. Reminds me in scent of a cross between MdC and Pen's B&B.

I don't know what he's got cooking up there in Brooklyn, but it's special.

I agree love the stuff. The Ceder and Pine is also a dream but the HL is not Grandmas Lavender

Shaved with it this morning and the beard is down even now so close a shave. Almost as close as La Toja but the scent is 100 times better then La Toja.

I have a sample slice of this and it does smell like a great one.

I am rather loaded up on lavender soaps so I need to grind through some before I order one, but I suspect I will :yesnod:

Top Bottom