Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Mike's Hungarian Lavender

*Deleted - Double Post*
    Last edited by cxg231; 03-22-2013 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Accidental double post
    Chris

SIR Searus Dysconyus - OG Member - Knights of the Maillard Table

I really like Lime during the summer, can anyone compare Mike's Lime to Castle Forbes Lime, the scent?
    Mike - - Hookem

Images

The Pine and Cedar wood is great as well realistic smelling Pine with the Cedar wood lingering in the nooks and cracks of the scent. You have to concentrate to even smell it. I wouldn't even mind a Cedar scented soap.
    My name is Patrick and I'm a Proraso addict, and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflake View Post
    The Pine and Cedar wood is great as well realistic smelling Pine with the Cedar wood lingering in the nooks and cracks of the scent. You have to concentrate to even smell it. I wouldn't even mind a Cedar scented soap.
    I love P & C scent love it!
    BOTOC - Now we are shaving!

5. Default

Ordered a tin tonight.

Well, all this talk about how great the soap is has ended with an order. Thanks!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wisguy View Post
    I just got a half dozen of Mike's samplers and haven't tried the Hungarian lavender yet, but it seemed pretty subtle in scent compared to the others. I did try the Rose and Cedarwood one and it had a slightly unpleasant scent when I started lathering with it. Maybe it's just a matter of chemistry with my water, but I did not get the amazing lather that others have talked about with Mike's soaps; caveat: I don't spend 5+ minutes whisking and whisking away to get a best-possible lather - I spent about 15 seconds loading my brush and then face lathered for 30 seconds. It was an ok, but not particularly slick or cushion-y lather.
    I have a lot of soaps, and I don't know that I can get any of them to lather decently in 15 seconds. I don't spend 5+ minutes making lather either; takes me about a minute with whatever soap I choose (except MWF - that one takes longer). Point being, take a deep breath & take a little more time to make your lather. Try to enjoy the process. You'll be amply rewarded.
    Evan

Thanks for the recommend Evan I have a RR lavendar a soap I like a lot scent a little light tho IMO.
    Adieu JB

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wisguy View Post
    ??? Where do I say that I spend 15 seconds making lather? My face lathering technique works well with other soaps. I just didn't think that Mike's Soaps were that impressive.
    I took it from here: I spent about 15 seconds loading my brush and then face lathered for 30 seconds.

My point is simply that I can't get any of my soaps to lather decently if I only load my brush for 15 seconds. If there's not enough product on the brush to begin with, doesn't matter how long you spend face-lathering. But hey, if it works for you with other soaps then more power to you.
    Evan

Images

Used this again last night.... just wonderful. I've been using up all of my Mike's samples and the performance of all of them is out of this world.... but the scent of Hungarian Lavender is one of my favorites from Mike's. Mike's soaps lather is some of the most stable lather throughout the entire shave.

Ben
    BOTOC / The Order of the Fat / 3017'er

I just placed a order for Hungarian Lavender, Peppermint & Rosemary plus Rose Garden shea butter bath soap.
    Will is who I am. The reign of Disposables and goo has came to a end.

Quote Originally Posted by Will32283 View Post
    I just placed a order for Hungarian Lavender, Peppermint & Rosemary plus Rose Garden shea butter bath soap.
    Great choices

Received Mike's Hungarian Lavender earlier this week and I love the earthy natural lavender scent and the performance is out of the world . I also received the Vetiver which I'll be using today. Very much looking forward to it.
    Mike - - Hookem

Quote Originally Posted by tsimmns View Post
    What do yall usually purchase from Mike's the tins or the bars?
    I purchase the bars, cut them up and press the slivers into 1 cup pyrex bowls with the air tight lids.They stack well , the bowls are clear so you can see how much soap is left, and you also save a couple of bucks

by buying the brick instead of the tin. I bowl lather, so the pyrex bowls are perfect for loading your brush then moving on to your lathering bowl or scuttle.

Images

Awwwww! You guys are killing me! Now I have to buy a bunch of samplers.

Let me add to the chorus of praise for Mike's Hungarian Lavender.

I had my first shave with it yesterday. The lavender scent is fresh and clear, with no hint of anything medicinal or artificial. The top notes are counterbalanced by an earthiness that adds complexity and interest. The intensity of the scent is just right: not too strong, not too faint. And, of course, it makes the cushion-y, protective lather that is the hallmark of Mike's Natural Soaps.

I like HL even better than Barber Shop, which is saying a lot. I also can't wait to try the free sample of Peppermint & Rosemary that Mike kindly included with my order.
    Viseguy -- Homo sapiens vegetalis
    "Keep up this good work and very soon I will see to it that you become a Bigelow man."

Right here. But yesterday I was over there

Quote Originally Posted by Viseguy View Post
    I like HL even better than Barber Shop, which is saying a lot.
    I meant to order the Lime but hit a snag somehow and ended up with Barbershop. I must have hit the wrong order/add to cart button of something. At first I didn't care for it. It didn't smell bad but it wasn't anything I looked forward to smelling either. After a few weeks of using the Barbershop I now love it and want to order it again!
    It is a great scent.

Did mike raise his prices recently?

Quote Originally Posted by celestino View Post
    Mike is making some amazing soaps! You may want to try his Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
    +1. That's my favorite from his line of shaving soaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Allegrabene View Post
    Did mike raise his prices recently?
    Not that I've noticed.
    Viseguy -- Homo sapiens vegetalis
    "Keep up this good work and very soon I will see to it that you become a Bigelow man."