What's new

Recommend to me a Merkur

What is the difference between the HD and the 38c? Is it just weight or is there a design difference?

-Glen
I believe the heads are the same. There are some cosmetic differences in the handles, but the major difference is the 38c has a longer handle, and weighs a bit more.

HD
proxy.php

38C
attachment.php

My personal favourite is the FUTUR, I like the style and the fact its adjustable. I've tried a few razors as you can see from the picture, one thing that seems to be important is matching the blade to the razor, some just seem to work better with different blades. I'm using the 38c at the moment with a merkur blade, which may not be the best blade for it and my face, I'm still experimenting.

Razors are from left to right, hybrid gillette tech, merkur slant, merkur 38c, merkur 25c, futur and vision

My personal favourite is the FUTUR, I like the style and the fact its adjustable. I've tried a few razors as you can see from the picture, one thing that seems to be important is matching the blade to the razor, some just seem to work better with different blades. I'm using the 38c at the moment with a merkur blade, which may not be the best blade for it and my face, I'm still experimenting.

Razors are from left to right, hybrid gillette tech, merkur slant, merkur 38c, merkur 25c, futur and vision

Beautiful shavers there!

Definitely go with an HD...it's a great razor and travels well if you go on a trip.

Follow it up shortly with the 38C, "barber pole" 'cause the longer handle and heft are pure luxury

Top Bottom