What's new

Newbie says hi

Gentlemen (and ladies),

I thought I'd say hi after a couple of days reading this fantastic board. I had been quite happy with my shave but after trying the four pass technique (N-S, both sides of the V and S-N) yesterday I'm beginning to see things in a new light! Maybe it's now time to banish my Mach 3 forever - after I've got through the stack of cartridges I had as a stocking filler. So, my first questions are:

Is the Merkur HD or the Merkur future the best for my first DE purchase? and

Where is the cheapest place to buy the popular Tabac shaving soap including shipping to the UK? fragrancenet.com looks the best so far.......

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Welcome to B&B.

Sorry I can't help you with your questions. I don't have either yet. I'm sure someone who uses those will chime in.

Can't really help with your questions - I'd also like to know the best UK source for the Tabac soap. Welcome anyway!

Welcome aboard!

I generally suggest the fixed-head razors to start with, as they take away the adjustment variable and remove the temptation to play with the adjustment instead of concentrating on basic technique.

I think the HD, Classic or Classic Long-Handle are all excellent first razors.

As for Tabac, I'm not sure who the cheapest vendor is - you may also need to take into account duties/taxes when figuring out price - may be that there is a UK or EC vendor who can hook you up.

The Tabac is a great soap, but don't overlook the Boots shaving stick and soap bowl, both of which are great products (same formulation, just different format) which you should be able to find quite easily and are cheap as chips.

Top Bottom