What's new

Ivory soap + ?

My dad used to shave with a straight, lathering with plain old ivory soap. clearly a bad idea, and he gave the whole routine up and went back to a safety razor (some old schick injector) plus canned goo. Has anyone here ever tried to use ivory (99 44/100% pure and all that...) plus a moisturizer added? I know it makes little sense when there are so many good products already out there, but I'd be surprised if some of the more hands-on guys on this forum haven't tried...

I've heard of some folks using Ivory to shave with and not doing too badly, I guess it just depends if your skin likes Ivory soap or not. I've personally never tried it, if someone is that concerned about cost I'm sure Williams is a better option.

I used ivory and disposables for a few years when I was on the road quite a bit. It worked but it was far from pleasant.

actually, i think i would try straight ivory before i would use williams again. how could ivory possibly be any worse? for that matter, how could dry shaving possibly be any worse?

Top Bottom