What's new

Best Bar Soap

I like Pre De Provence as well but prefer the Whole Foods Grapefruit Mint bar and Trader Joe's Ginger Almond. Can't go wrong with any of them.

Maestro, I'm doing a video on this that I'm going to post on B&B I'm the next months or so. I've tried plenty, and I've been plenty disappointed. I'll give you three suggestions.

1. For value, I recommend Bee and Flower soaps. They're a Chinese company that makes really wonderful, good smelling soaps for little money. I really like the rose scent

2. For an everyday soap I like Mitchell's Wool Fat and Dr, Castile soaps. These are inexpensive, lather wonderfully and have pretty nice scents. They're a very reliable company

3. For your splurge, I recommend Saint Maria Novella's Milk Soaps. They're triple milled and aged. I love them, they last forever and have almost niche like fragrance, quality scents. Try the the Vetiver. These are the very best in my mind.

Max.

Another vote for Mitchell's Wool Fat bath soap, and I do really like Queen Charlotte's bath soaps as well.

Just an FYI for people who like the Pre de Provence bath soaps: World Market and Trader Joe's both offer the same soaps for much cheaper, just with a store brand on the label. World Market has a fairly large selection of scents but I've only found lemon verbena and lavender scents at Trader Joe's. TJ's has the best price, but even World Market's beat the going price for Pre de Provence by several dollars per bar.

Claus Porto "Deco". It's lime basis (Musgo Real) and milled 7 times. Next would be the Claus Porto "Marine". Don't be scared by the price. At $16-18 these soaps will last 6 months or more.

the past week ive been using mitchells wool fat bath soap.
really like it.
i even like the round type shape to it....fits the hand nicely.

i was recently surprised using momma bear's blood dragon soap? not sure that's the exact name but it lathers and great and the scent is very close to their shave soap. mitchell's is also a favorite

While I had to give up on her shaving soap as it burned my face, my wife and I love Mama Bear's bath soaps. We've tried quite a few artisanal soaps, but her scent and latherability is top notch.

Mike

Wow, that PdP bar is pretty big haha!

Lately I have been REALLY enjoying three different bars:

• Palmolive Naturals Original

• Palmolive Naturals Sensitive

• Yardley Oatmeal and Almond

The Palmolives can be had from Connaught for £1.8 for four 100g bars.
The Yardley can be found at Dollar stores in the US for $1 per 120g bar.

I've used some artisan soaps, but I just can't justify spending $5-7 for 1 bar. I've been totally happy with Yardley soaps for a buck. They don't dry my skin out like more commercial soaps and the value is good.

My favorite bar soaps right now are Stirling Soap Co. standard bath soaps. The lather is exceptional, the moisturizing properties are excellent, and at $2 a bar, you simply won't find a better quality:price ratio. The scents are unique and - though subtle - are expansive and well executed. I have only tried the tallow-based soaps, so I can't speak to the vegan bars, though given the quality of everything else Rod makes, I have no doubt they are excellent.

I also give a thumbs up to Max for suggesting SMN bars. They are superb, though the cost is just ridiculous.

$kirks.jpg
This is the only bar soap I have been using since Thanksgiving. I buy it at my grocery store. It is Cheap, but, I buy it because it has so few ingredients, and, my face Loves it!

I picked up a couple with a recent order. I have only opened the lavendar. It is amazing, lathers quick in your hand and the scent stays with you. Add in King Loius lavendar shave soap and the KL AS wax and you really don't have any a combo like this with too many products. They are small bars and go quick but I think the quality for the price is fair.

I have been trying samples like a maniac, soaps, balms etc. A couple more to go and I will calm down with a handful but so far the razorock KL stuff will make the cut as will XXX if I can get more or will buy ADP if I must. I think just about all the RR products are first rate and priced well.
Anyone ever try the razorock bar soaps?

Last edited:
I like South of France. I get it at Walmart. Inexpensive for a triple milled soap.

Attachments

• $SouthofFrance small.jpg
    $SouthofFrance small.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 679
Top Bottom