What's new

Best Bar Soap

Good 'ol Lifebuoy (coral color). Sure wish I could find it again

Then today is your lucky day:

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/...re/Soaps/Lifebuoy_Soap_(Set_of_3_Bars)_/H2816

+1 on the Kirk's Castile Soap. Very nice basic soap, very mild, I have recommended it to relatives who complain how soap dries out their skin in the winter.

Here's another example of YMMV: Kirk's is the worst soap for my skin that I've ever used. Very drying. Just terrible for me. Can't use it. Too much coconut oil.

I'm currently thinking about getting some bath and facial soap from Michelle at Mystic Waters. I like supporting active B&B members, and I think her knowledge about soap is pretty impressive. Her shaving soap is excellent, so I suspect her bar soaps are just as good.

Nick

I'm head over heels for Trader Joe's PdP Green Tea. Triple milled, long lasting, perfect clean scent, moisturizing shea butter... all for under $5 a bar!

:001_wub::001_wub::001_wub:

Add me to that list, but I prefer the lemon verbena scent. GREAT soap in a huge bar for peanuts.:thumbup:

Ah yes - - I have the lemon pez... I mean lemon verbena purchased and on deck for when the green tea (eventually) runs out.

Glad to hear you like it as well!

...And now I've got to go out and try the green tea, as I've never even sniffed it. I got as far as the lemon verbena, and I was hooked!:lol:

...And now I've got to go out and try the green tea, as I've never even sniffed it. I got as far as the lemon verbena, and I was hooked!:lol:

Yes, definitely do that! FWIW it's similar in scent to a more potent Provence Sante shaving soap, if that helps.

I have watched this thread for a bit and I am shocked - shocked I tell you - that there hasn't been more chatter about Nancy Boy soaps. They whole family loves the Signature, Spa and Invigorate scents. The bars are huge, last for a long time and leave your skin feeling great.

All of their skin care products are fantastic

Last edited:

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I use Kirks Castile when on a budget and South of France Shea Butter or Savon de Marseilles when I get around to buying some. I like fragrance free soaps (even the naturally fragrant soaps make my skin break out) that are all natural.

I'm really enjoying the Dr. Bronners rose right now. I'm partial to floral scents its not too light and lathers well. I also like the lavender and citrus hemp soaps they make.

I really love Caswell-Massey Newport. While their shaving products are crap, their triple milled bar soaps are very nice. They last a long time too, although I struggle to find a good way to store them in the shower. I am thinking the ticket might be to take the bar out of the shower with me each time and rest it in a dish on my counter top in order to keep it from getting wet and "melting" when others shower. Thoughts?

Hands down. Speick.

I'm not entirely unconvinced that their bar soap is any different than their shave soap - the lather I get out of the bar soap certainly seems thick and slick enough to the point that I could probably shave with it.

I think it's too hard to justify using anything other than Dial. I got 30 bars for about $10 on sale. They smell okay and they get me clean.

I really love Caswell-Massey Newport. While their shaving products are crap, their triple milled bar soaps are very nice. They last a long time too, although I struggle to find a good way to store them in the shower. I am thinking the ticket might be to take the bar out of the shower with me each time and rest it in a dish on my counter top in order to keep it from getting wet and "melting" when others shower. Thoughts?
What you said is what I do with all my bar soaps that I use after my shower. I take it out and rest it criss crossed on my soap dish so there is air underneath my soap as well and this allows most of my soap to dry evenly.

Top Bottom