What's new

Best Bar Soap

I picked up a couple with a recent order. I have only opened the lavendar. It is amazing, lathers quick in your hand and the scent stays with you. Add in King Loius lavendar shave soap and the KL AS wax and you really don't have any a combo like this with too many products. They are small bars and go quick but I think the quality for the price is fair.

I have been trying samples like a maniac, soaps, balms etc. A couple more to go and I will calm down with a handful but so far the razorock KL stuff will make the cut as will XXX if I can get more or will buy ADP if I must. I think just about all the RR products are first rate and priced well.

Thanks!

+1 on the Kirk's Castile Soap. Very nice basic soap, very mild, I have recommended it to relatives who complain how soap dries out their skin in the winter.

I've tried like 10,000 soaps in the past year. Or it feels like it anyway. The ones I will be buying again are Speick, Jock Soap, Mike's, and Wm. Neumann. Possibly Zum. Still need to try QCS.

I typically don't use bar soap, but SWMBO got me something called Bloody Orange Jock Soap. I like the way it smells (very citrus) and it cleans pretty good, so I use it mostly when she and I are going out.

I haven't tried hardly any yet, but I just started using Razorock's Shea butter soap and really like it. Not much scent at all, but great lather (and we have hard water) and my skin feels really good. I had started taking more vitamin D and using raw shea butter on my winter eczema and had eliminated probably 85% of it and I swear using this soap has gotten that to 95%.

Personally I love soaps with shea butter. Tried lately Dr. Woods Shea Butter with Coconut Milk, and it produces a thick and luxurious lather. I can only complain that it's almost unscented.

My favorite bar soaps right now are Stirling Soap Co. standard bath soaps. The lather is exceptional, the moisturizing properties are excellent, and at $2 a bar, you simply won't find a better quality:price ratio. The scents are unique and - though subtle - are expansive and well executed. I have only tried the tallow-based soaps, so I can't speak to the vegan bars, though given the quality of everything else Rod makes, I have no doubt they are excellent.

I also give a thumbs up to Max for suggesting SMN bars. They are superb, though the cost is just ridiculous.

I've been using Stirling Soap for a about 2 weeks now. I used the lavender soap and was very impressed. I will def be buying more.

Grandpa s pine tar! Just Awesome in spring and fall!

You seriously use it as bar soap? I have a bar that I use as a shampoo bar, once I left it outside for two months to air out that is. :scared: That bad boy has a serious pine tar smell to it, so much so I can't imagine using it as a bar soap or shave soap as they suggest.

Right now I'm going through a 12-pack of Irish Spring. After that I may end up investing in a dozen or so bars of Mama Bear's Aged Spice soap. Love that stuff. I want to look at Trader Joe's soaps, but that'll have to wait.

Grandpa s pine tar! Just Awesome in spring and fall!

My two gripes with Grandpa's: it is really small, and it doesn't last long. One feeds the other, so I tend to avoid it. Love the smell, though.

I'm head over heels for Trader Joe's PdP Green Tea. Triple milled, long lasting, perfect clean scent, moisturizing shea butter... all for under $5 a bar!

:001_wub::001_wub::001_wub:

Top Bottom