What's new

Biotique Bio Palmyra.amazing

How close is it on scale of one to ten?

Well I'd say both are 9-9.5 on performance (slickness, cushion, etc). The Maca Root probably lathers more traditionally (but both lather superbly to me) and the Bio might be a tad more moisturizing. I'd say the thing that really separates them is the scent. I find both fine, but nothing outstanding. I am aware some do not like the scent of the Maca Root at all.

About the lathering: It seems some expect all lather to look similar. I try to approach each product on its own terms. Both of these are fantastic, as far as I'm concerned. As always YMMV.

Well I'd say both are 9-9.5 on performance (slickness, cushion, etc). The Maca Root probably lathers more traditionally (but both lather superbly to me) and the Bio might be a tad more moisturizing. I'd say the thing that really separates them is the scent. I find both fine, but nothing outstanding. I am aware some do not like the scent of the Maca Root at all.

About the lathering: It seems some expect all lather to look similar. I try to approach each product on its own terms. Both of these are fantastic, as far as I'm concerned. As always YMMV.
But i think that it seems that value and function wise that the BOI is a viable choice.

ingrediants wise those these beats the body shop by a mile!!

it is now all i use!

I don't judge ingredients by a list of words. Instead I try to concentrate on the gestalt--how the product performs for me. And while these products have different ingredients, they perform similarly for me.

But i think that it seems that value and function wise that the BOI is a viable choice.

Oh, more than viable. It's tremendous, really. Great performance and great value. Just a bit of a pain to acquire. (Don't know about you, but I get a bit antsy waiting for a month for something.)

My opinion on the Bio might change (for better or worse) as I use it a bit more. I've only had a few shaves with it. Right now I think it's first class. I haven't been using it during Rocktober, but perhaps I will use it next week with the RR OC Jaws razor I just acquired.

I don't judge ingredients by a list of words. Instead I try to concentrate on the gestalt--how the product performs for me. And while these products have different ingredients, they perform similarly for me.

Oh, more than viable. It's tremendous, really. Great performance and great value. Just a bit of a pain to acquire. (Don't know about you, but I get a bit antsy waiting for a month for something.)

My opinion on the Bio might change (for better or worse) as I use it a bit more. I've only had a few shaves with it. Right now I think it's first class. I haven't been using it during Rocktober, but perhaps I will use it next week with the RR OC Jaws razor I just acquired.

i completely understand, i forget the whole ingrediant thing is not a concern for many! my apologies sir..

I usually recieve mine in Canada in about 2 weeks or less from my trusted seller on ebay, PM me and i can forward his details.

but yes Biotique will grow on you more and more.. the skin on my face is remarkably healthier than it was before!

i completely understand, i forget the whole ingrediant thing is not a concern for many! my apologies sir..

I usually recieve mine in Canada in about 2 weeks or less from my trusted seller on ebay, PM me and i can forward his details.

but yes Biotique will grow on you more and more.. the skin on my face is remarkably healthier than it was before!

No apologies necessary. We all have different approaches, all of them valid if they work for us, IMO.

I probably overstated my disinterest in the ingredient list a tad, too. I typically avoid lanolin. Not because it is a bad, or lesser, ingredient--but because I have had some issues with lanolin moisturizers in the past. I figure it's better to just avoid it. Another is menthol. Not allergic to it, but I was taught early on to avoid anything that desensitized your skin to the razor. Still seems like good advice to me---plus the scent always seems a bit "medicinal" to me.

BTW, used the Bio again today and it was fabulous, once again. Shocked by the volume of lather for as little as I used.

With that said, if I used a product and liked it, and later found out it had lanolin and/or menthol, I wouldn't stop using it as long as it continued to work well for me and not bother my face.

I don't know... this kind of puts me off. I really prefer creams that are made with cruel tests on animals.

:laugh:

It's interesting they don't claim to do "no testing" on animals. They only claim their tests (if any) aren't cruel. How do they know what animals consider cruel? :001_rolle

(Yes, I realize it is probably a translation issue.)

It's interesting they don't claim to do "no testing" on animals. They only claim their tests (if any) aren't cruel. How do they know what animals consider cruel?

Well, for example, they apply their shaving cream on an animal and shave it. If it gets only mild razor burn it isn't considered cruel, but if it gets a lot of weepers an cuts, that's cruel.

Just shaved with BBP today and got a great shave.

This is the best shave cream that I have used so far.

I'm thinking about downsizing my soaps and cream rotation to 3 and BBP will definatly stay in the rotation.

Just shaved with BBP today and got a great shave.

This is the best shave cream that I have used so far.

I'm thinking about downsizing my soaps and cream rotation to 3 and BBP will definatly stay in the rotation.
This cream must somehow be made more accessible here in the States....

Just jumped on the bandwagon guys. Another soap for the pile I have going! Can't wait based on the reviews!

i do believe some of their products are made in switzerland as one of their labs is outside zurich

fact of the day!

truly love this stuff! everyone buy it , they must never stop producing! I only buy one at a time though becasue each batch is a bit different and i like the change up :) . mmm im craving the apple like scent at the moment.. at 11:20 pm!

found the clipping :

"EVERY two months, Vinita Jain takes off to Switzerland for about 10 days or so. If that does not necessarily seem unconventional for a CEO, the reasons surely are. Jain, the Chairperson of Bio Veda Technologies Pvt Ltd (the company that markets the Biotique brand), travels to Switzerland to oversee her team of doctors, biotechnologists and scientists. The team, based in Switzerland, comprises Biotique's exclusively-owned research and development headquarters."

Last edited:
Used it today and it was fabulous, as always.

If I was going to nitpick (and this is a tiny nit to pick for a product this good) is it isn't the easiest to load onto a brush for a face lather--it sort of globs onto the brush. But since it needs so little to make a ton of lather, it isn't hard to just wipe some of the glob off the brush and back into the tub.

Used it today and it was fabulous, as always.

If I was going to nitpick (and this is a tiny nit to pick for a product this good) is it isn't the easiest to load onto a brush for a face lather--it sort of globs onto the brush. But since it needs so little to make a ton of lather, it isn't hard to just wipe some of the glob off the brush and back into the tub.
I find it easy to put on, it just seems to glide on the brush and sticks long enough to spread on the face. The other creams seem to need more attention.

i do believe some of their products are made in switzerland as one of their labs is outside zurich

fact of the day!

truly love this stuff! everyone buy it , they must never stop producing! I only buy one at a time though becasue each batch is a bit different and i like the change up :) . mmm im craving the apple like scent at the moment.. at 11:20 pm!

found the clipping :

"EVERY two months, Vinita Jain takes off to Switzerland for about 10 days or so. If that does not necessarily seem unconventional for a CEO, the reasons surely are. Jain, the Chairperson of Bio Veda Technologies Pvt Ltd (the company that markets the Biotique brand), travels to Switzerland to oversee her team of doctors, biotechnologists and scientists. The team, based in Switzerland, comprises Biotique's exclusively-owned research and development headquarters."
Here is her bio:
http://www.whartonzurich07.com/bio-s-jain.html

Vinita Jain orchestras a team of Scientists, Dermatologists, Ayurvedic Doctors and Biotechnologists to extract Nature's body of knowledge to treat and preserve your health and beauty through a range of skin and hair care products and food supplements called Biotique. At Biotique hybrid plant and plant extracts are combined with biotechnology to produce highly effective products. We have a special cold extraction process that preserves the active ingredient of the plant so that the intelligence of the plant can interact with the intelligence of the body to promote health and beauty. Formulated from organically grown pure plant extracts Biotique products are made to EEC and FDA standards and incorporates the principles of preventive medicine for everyday use. Vinita spent her childhood amid the lush greenery of her father's eighteen tea estates in Assam and Darjeeling where she imbibed the ancient Science of Ayurveda. After graduating from Delhi University Vinita studied biotechnology in Switzerland, and then attended the Management program at the Stanford Graduate Business School. She used her immense knowledge and interest in bio science to start Biotique and make it synonymous with serious skin and hair care embodying ancient systems passed on through generations mingling with contemporary science and beauty treatment requirements.
Biotique products are based on botanical extracts of plants, herbs and trees and the protein content in their roots, leaves, flowers and fruits. They are 100% vegetarian, environmentally friendly and biodegradable.

Top Bottom