What's new

The EDC picture thread

My kit at work on a slow Sunday morning. Yes, I EDC a yo-yo....

proxy.php

Duncan Butterfly (impoved for non-response play)
Vintage hotel room fob so I don't lose my work keys
Skagen 105LTX (Ti)
Hammer Brand serpentine jack (cir. 1945-1955)
Modded Kershaw Skyline
Handkerchief

-Xander

Everything but the phone I took the picture with, a Republic Wireless Defy XT. Wallet is a P, B & J Mighty Wallet and the USB stick has several ISO loaded using Yumi. The stick, Wave, dykes and cheap light go in the belt pouch that has 5 years of week day wear on it.
$edc.jpg

proxy.php

Fossil wallet, Fossil sunglasses, Kershaw Zing, Timex Weekender, Samsung Galaxy S4 in an Otter Commuter case, keys, and wedding ring. I'm working on an EDC gun but getting my wife setup first, I'm in no hurry for myself as we're still not allowed to carry on base.

It's a Cold Steel Voyager with the Tanto point. I have carried a Cold Steel knife as an EDC for about 15 years. Always holds a great edge and provides great versatility.

Card holder, watch (changes from day to day), keys (office, house, shed, gun lock, gym pass, GNC membership), lip balm, car key/fob, wedding ring, Kershaw Blur S30V, iPhone 5 (not pictured)

I don't leave the house without all of these items.

$photo.JPG

I'm finding it rather annoying that people are posting such pretties but natural listing what is in the pic. I have seen several watches & other goodies that I would like to know more about.

Yea Rick, its definitely a WTH kinda thing. Of course, the 3 attempts thing was what I was told by someone who tried for one, so you never know. I did look it up today for my county, to see what it really was and compare with what you said. This is what it said:

"Applicants must be able to demonstrate that good cause exists for the issuance of a CCW permit. Good cause is defined as:
Convincing evidence of a clear and present danger to life, or of great bodily harm to the applicant, his/her spouse, or dependent child, which cannot be adequately dealt with by existing law enforcement resources, and which danger cannot be reasonably avoided by alternative measures, and which danger would be significantly mitigated by the applicant's carrying of a concealed firearm.

What You Will Need to Do
  1. Complete the CCW Application
  2. Call the Sheriff's CCW Unit to schedule an interview. The interview will determine your need and good cause for the issuance of a CCW permit. You must bring the following to your interview:
    • Completed CCW license application and CCW interview worksheet.
    • Copy of your birth certificate and/or naturalization papers.
    • Copy of your California driver’s license.
    • Copies of two of your most recent utility bills or any other sufficient proof of full-time residency within the County of Riverside as indicated on your application.
    • Three letters of character reference (originals). Letters must contain the writer’s name, address, and phone number where they can be reached during business hours. In the body of the letter the writer should state that he or she is aware the applicant is applying for a CCW permit with the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department. Letters from family members or employers are not acceptable.
    • Copy of military discharge DD214 form, if applicable.
    • Two recent passport photos.
  3. If you are successful with your initial interview, you will be instructed to
    • Get fingerprinted by Live Scan Fingerprint Services
    • Qualify with your weapon(s)
    • Complete the state-mandated firearms safety course"

There are also fees involved. Its $20 non refundable just for the application process. If you're approved its $95 for the 2yr. permit. Then its $80 more to be actually issued the permit. I didnt check renewal fees.

Sounds like some of you guys have it pretty easy compared!

washington state:
-walk in
-sign paper
-pay 55 dollar fee (58 for lamination)
-give finger prints
-wait for permit to show up

Im from California originally, but I'm stationed up here. That's a pretty ridiculous and lengthy process. I don't know if I would move back to Cali, specifically for that reason.

proxy.php

Fossil wallet, Fossil sunglasses, Kershaw Zing, Timex Weekender, Samsung Galaxy S4 in an Otter Commuter case, keys, and wedding ring. I'm working on an EDC gun but getting my wife setup first, I'm in no hurry for myself as we're still not allowed to carry on base.

Same here. But WA is open carry and my wife and I have ccw's. We pull over right outside the get and get tacticool before we go anywhere.

Here is my EDC almost daily. The knives are about the only things that change. Fossil watch. My Horween mid wallet I made. my cheap work pen cause I got tired of my nice pens get the clips bent while working in the warehouse. and now for a while it will be my new knives. a Boker nano with custom copper scale and my new ZT0900. and my iphone. Used to take the photo.

Attachments

• $EDC daily.jpg
    $EDC daily.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 117
Top Bottom