What's new

My New Vaquero

I received my Ruger New Vaquero last night. Stainless steel, 4.62 in Barrel 357 Mag. I haven't got a chance to shoot it yet but I am going this Saturday. I already have some new grips ordered from Altamont, a silver black Spanish checkered, I really think these old style guns need a nice set of wood grips. Anyway I am sure this thread is worthless without pics so here she is.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Congrats! Wood is a great call.
Do give us a range report once you've had a chance to take it out. I've had my eye on one of these in .357 to go along with my other spinner (S&W). I had a slight concern about the shape of the hammer function wise (love the way it looks) - let us know how it feels.

I have fiddled with it a bit and just working the action the hammer seems really comfortable to me. It cocks super easy and the trigger pull out of the box to me feels pretty decent. It doesn't have the traditional cowboy shooter sound when cocking but I can live without it for a qulity well built six gun.

These grips are what I am getting but in a Silver Black grain.
proxy.php

I have fiddled with it a bit and just working the action the hammer seems really comfortable to me. It cocks super easy and the trigger pull out of the box to me feels pretty decent. It doesn't have the traditional cowboy shooter sound when cocking but I can live without it for a qulity well built six gun.

These grips are what I am getting but in a Silver Black grain.
proxy.php

Sweet!

Top Bottom