What's new

Cadet 2-3 piece razors

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I was wondering if anyone has any opinions about the Cadet 2 or 3 piece razors? I'm currently using a 38 and 39C. So was wondering if any of the Cadets are comparable. I read not so promising post on the Cadet TTO.

I have a razorock, which I've heard is the same as the cadets. My model is the open comb, and it is more aggressive than my new. It still shaves nice, but you have to pay attention to it or it will bite you. You can't shave with the autopilot on. I like mine, and it is a nice looking razor, IMO.

I have the Cadet OC and like it alot. That and the R41 are my two favorite razors. The R41 is a little more closer but the Cadet is a little smoother. Both can be adjusted up and down with different blades and applied pressure. Nowadays the Cadet's can be ordered with different handles that are pretty nice also. The Cadet is also very affordable (cheap!)

I have a razorock, which I've heard is the same as the cadets. My model is the open comb, and it is more aggressive than my new. It still shaves nice, but you have to pay attention to it or it will bite you. You can't shave with the autopilot on. I like mine, and it is a nice looking razor, IMO.

Same here, and I really like it too.

i'm thinking about getting one (or two) of those. one OC, and another random one.

i read that the UFO handles fit on the cadet heads. makes them a must in my list.

I have a Cadet T-26 open comb. My impression is that it is significantly more aggressive than my EJ DE89 although it is the newest razor and therefore I am far less experienced with it. It is not as highly finished as the EJ but appears to be free from any gross defects of finish. The only slight defect that I have found is its tendency to seat a blade with more of the edge showing on one side or to seat the blade at a bias. Care in assembly after a blade change is called for. The razor almost always delivers a BBSBB (Baby Butt Smooth But Bloody) shave; no serious damage just weepers and the occasional light nick. I may try rubbing its head with a garlic clove to see if that will dampen its vampire tendencies.

Top Bottom