What's new

What is your Scotch rotation

I do not have much of a rotation....

Talisker 10 and repeat.

living in the Middle East does limit ones selection...but I will manage

I try to have open - 1 interesting highland/Speyside, 1 interesting Islay and 1 interesting other at any time. Currently I have
Laphroaig Quarter Cask - opened tonight after finishing off and Ardbeg 10
Glenmorangie 12 Quinta Ruban (port cask finished)
Old Pulteney 12
Iniquity batch 003 (South Australian single malt)
Talisker Skye
Eagle Rare 10 small batch bourbon

No one has mentioned my favorite winter dram Ardbeg 10. Super peaty and an amazing value.

for Summer Highland Park 12 - also one of the best values out there.
Just finished off an Ardbeg 10 and opened a Laphroaig Quarter Cask as a replacement Islay.

View attachment 656368

Don't ask me why this posted upside down ... it uploaded fine to several Facebook groups. Maybe a Mod can fix it?

Anyway ... you get the idea, I hope.

Attachments

• $20160504_224843.jpg
    $20160504_224843.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 120
Aberlour 12 Non Chillfiltered
Clynelish 14
Cragganmore 12
Dalwhinnie 15
Bruichladdich "Rocks"
Glengoyne 17
Glenlivet 12
Highland Park 12
Macallan 12
Old Pultney 12
AnCnoc 12
Springbank 10
Deanston 12
Auchentoshan Classic
Glenfiddich 15
Glenmorangie Original
Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban
Balvinie Doublewood
Balvinie Caribbean Cask
Caol Ila 12
Bunnahabhain 12
Black Bottle
Teacher's
Famous Grouse
JW Black
Wow!

Currently:
Cardhu
Dalwhinnie 15
Ardmore
Lagavullin 16
Highland Park Einar
Talisker Storm
Auchentoshan American Oak
Glenfiddich Special Reserve

Of the above, the latter two are in my blech category.

I try to have open - 1 interesting highland/Speyside, 1 interesting Islay and 1 interesting other at any time.
The Scotch composition on my bar (which shares space with a couple bourbons and a bottle of Redbreast) is similar: one Highland/Speyside & one Islay. Currently it's Macallan 12 and Lagavulin 16.

The Scotch composition on my bar (which shares space with a couple bourbons and a bottle of Redbreast) is similar: one Highland/Speyside & one Islay. Currently it's Macallan 12 and Lagavulin 16.
yum. Lag 16, one of my all time favourites. I had a couple of drams tonight to celebrate World Whisky day.. Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban and Laphroaig quarter cask.

Im looking to add to my scotch inventory and further my progression into the spirit. I have finished bottles of Chivas 12 and Auchentoshen American Oak and have just picked up a Quinta Ruban.

Im thinking I want something to contrast the Quinta Ruban and would like something in the 15-18 year age. Im leaning towards the Glenlivet 18 because I liked what I sampled in the 12 year.

Any other suggestions?

I do not have much of a rotation....

Talisker 10 and repeat.
Talisker 10 certainly is one of those drams that you hardly get tired of. T10 is one of my three favourites, the other two are Laphroaig Quarter Cask and Glendronach 12 for a change.

I got a couple of other malts in my cabinet, nothing very fancy, but OK stuff like Cragganmore 12, Glenfarclas 12, Highland Park 12, Ardbeg 10, Lagavulin 16 and Laphroaig 18, the latter went out of production two years ago and my two favourite Irish whiskeys Connemara Peated and Old Bushmills 10.

Sláinte, gentlemen!

Glendronach 12
Glenfarclas 12
Glenfarclas 10
Glenkinchie 10
Johnnie Walker Green
Macallan 12

(After dropping premium coin on older offerings, I think I found my sweet spot. Yes, I generally prefer the sherried. Glendronach is my go-to.)

Highland Park 12
Laphroaig Quarter Cask
Lagavulin 16
Caol Ila
Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban

and for my 5 o'clock on the rocks...Famous Grouse

Islay fanboy here; Bowmore 12, Bunnahabhain 12 & Toiteach, Caol Ila 12, Lagavaulin 16, Laproaig 10, & love the ubercostly one-offs of the Islay malts kept in a single cask and procured by the private labels. Glenfarclas 12's distinct peppery note and Glenmorangie Nectal D'Or's strong wood influence are welcomed members, too.

I WISH I had a Scotch rotation! I was a Scotch drinker when I got married. These days it is wine. Just fine, but I miss the Scotch!

With all the mention of Lagavulin and Highland Park I am suprised there is no mention of Springbank or Longrow (Longrow is peatier version of springbank). For all those that like Laphroaig, Laga, highland park, Kilchoman, Tallisker etc, do yourself a favor and try a Springbank 15 or 12CS or even 10yo.

I have a really large scotch collection so don't really have a rotation but Springbank 15, Lagavulin 16, Longrow 14 and Highland Park 12/18 are a staple.

Scotch, Bourbon, Scotch, Bourbon, Tequila, Scotch, Scotch. That's about right. I just open the cabinet and stare till one seems right and I have a bit of that. My only exception to that rule, (rule?), is if I notice one is getting low I will work on it to move to the "I need more Scotch" place. :thumbup:

Top Bottom