What's new

Nervous

I dropped my Treet TTO razor in the garbage can (don't ask) afterwards I dipped the razor in rubbing alcohol, then I ran a lighter across the razor head a few times (with alcohol still on it) to finally kill ANYTHING....point is did I just ruin my razor causing it to rust? My brother thinks it's fine.

I would think the only thing that burnt is the alcohol.

I really don't think you could hold a lighter long enough to heat a razor to the point where it would ruin it. A blow torch might do it...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Heat may accelerate oxidation (rust) but a little light oil should take care of that.

I agree, heat would if the plating was missing, however it would still take a considerable amount of heat. I still don't think a lighter could produce that kind of heat.

I heat metal often at work via lasers and I don't see oxidation aquire at low temps but once you chance the molecular structure of the steal, then rust may start to form.

Man, there's more viruses and bacteria in the air you breathe than you can count. Wash the razor off, and don't worry too much about it. Unless you dipped it in anthrax or something...

Remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! :lol: Gotta give your immune system something to fight once in a while, or it will become lax and won't do the job right when you really need it.

/Nicholas

Dude, what's in your garbage? Medical waste? Just wash the razor in hot water and you're good.

Seriously dude - unless your razor fell into a pile of excrement, soap and water would have been fine.

But to answer your razor flambe question, I highly doubt that running your razor through the flame of a lighter will impact it in any way - just not hot enough.

Sometimes I think we take this whole razor cleaning/sterilizing a bit too far...

I dropped my Treet TTO razor in the garbage can (don't ask) afterwards I dipped the razor in rubbing alcohol, then I ran a lighter across the razor head a few times (with alcohol still on it) to finally kill ANYTHING....point is did I just ruin my razor causing it to rust? My brother thinks it's fine.

The fact that your username is "Gunky" just makes this story that much better. :biggrin:

Top Bottom