What's new

What's the thickest beard you've ever shaved off?

I never thought I'd do it, but it was getting uneven and a little hacked up and I didn't feel like taking the time to fix it so I took my Merkur 34C to my beared of 3 weeks and removed it all except for a mustache and goatee. I was worried that the blade wouldn't cut that much hair very well and especially since I have a thick beard. Worked like a champ.

I couldn't measure it in days but I used to grow a beard every year in the winter. When the geese returned, it was time to buzz the beard. I use a beard trimmer without a guard and buzz the beard down as close as I can get it. I'd say that's maybe 4-5 days growth left. Then it's razor & blade time!

I had 3 months of growth once, and my EJDE89 blew through it like a hungry man and a sandwich. I was rather impressed. Try that with a cart...

Longest I've kept a beard is about 12 months, but it was neatly trimmed. I clipped it down quite a lot before taking a razor to it.

When growing a beard as most here probably know, it takes about 2 months or even longer for some men before your beard is at its maximum density, owing to differing rate of growth in the various hairs on your face. The slower growers really fill it out. That's why the best advice for would be beard sporters is a) touch nothing for at least 8 weeks and b) just when it's at its patchiest is right before it may fill in nicely, as long as you have some coverage.

Longest I've kept a beard is about 12 months, but it was neatly trimmed. I clipped it down quite a lot before taking a razor to it.

When growing a beard as most here probably know, it takes about 2 months or even longer for some men before your beard is at its maximum density, owing to differing rate of growth in the various hairs on your face. The slower growers really fill it out. That's why the best advice for would be beard sporters is a) touch nothing for at least 8 weeks and b) just when it's at its patchiest is right before it may fill in nicely, as long as you have some coverage.

Mine gets super full super quick and it's thick. Even with a new preshave ritual (haven't tried a softener like oil yet) my feathers get uncomfortable towards the middle of my second shaves. Kinda sucks on the blade usage.

My skin hurts just thinking about it.

I was surprised at how smooth and fast the 34C took mine off. I kept everything nice and lathered.

I don't have to shave everyday so I usually take off a few days at a time. The most I took off with my Merkur 34c was probably around 10 days and I constantly take off at least 3-4 days with my straight.

I went through a beardy phase for a while when I used to let it grow for 2-3 months then shave it all off. With an OC or a straight, it was off as easily as if it had been 2 days of growth.

I grew one for 6 months and left it unkempt I had long hair at the time so I had a proper biker look to me. Length wise it was down around my Adam's apple I didn't have a proper razor so I took scissors to it followed by the sideburn trimmer on my dads electric, when it was down to roughly 2 weeks growth I spent 2 mach 3 cartridges getting the rest of it.

A 30 year beard (okay, trimmed to a standard 1/2 inch or so) fell effortlessly under my Rolls Razor, just to see what I looked like. Decided to stay clean shaven with mustache; beard was almost totally white, and had been for some time.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
any length over 3 days I trim it as close as i can with my trimmers first. It's an old habit from the cartridge days

I just removed a three week beard with my Gillette SS Red Tip. I was trying to grow one for Valentines Day (my girlfriend prefers me looking like a lumberjack) but I needed a BBS for a family event. It cut through my incredibly thick hair like butter. I was shocked because my old M3's would have gummed up and cut me a few passes in.

Same story here but I usually do a clean shave yearly just to peek at my skin, make sure its OK and no strange protrusions are happening. Using a str8 last time was interesting though. I think I will stay with the DE for that job. :001_cool:

Top Bottom