What's new

Gel+Brush=Good Lather?

Question for you gents. I recently discovered an amazing line of men's products called Bulldog. I've been using their original moisturizer as a follow up after my Witch Hazel instead of balm and it is just the best! I noticed they also make a shaving gel. I'm not too keen on the idea of a gel but their moisturizer is so effective and smells so great I'm thinking about trying it. I know gels are usually meant to be used brushless but I'm wondering if with a good brush they might be able to whip up a decent lather? Any experiences with gels and a brush? Bad idea?

I've never heard of a lathering gel. You may be able to spread the gel around using the brush, but it's extremely unlikely you'll be able to whip up any lather from it. I'd also be sure to rinse my brush thoroughly if I tried that.

Be careful, as sometimes, ingredients in certain gels may damage the hair on your brush. Or so I heard. It doesn't really mess with the hairs on your face much but why take a risk?

Many years ago I used Edge gel and a brush. The brush was an effective way of getting the gel to the face. The brush acts as an exfoliant. I gave up using gels though. VDH is quick and easy.

I use a gel sometimes with a brush and while it doesn't work up a huge later I think it works the gel into the hair a bit better. I also don't like getting the gel all over my hands which might be the real reason I use a brush.

My shaves are done with a Gillette New or a Fusion Pro Glide Power with the power turner ON. The gel works well with both razors.

Attachments

• $Primal Earth.jpg
    $Primal Earth.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 53
Thanks for the feedback everyone. It doesn't sound like something I will try. I was hoping that maybe it would behave like a cream otherwise I don't think it would be worth it. Maybe down the road Bulldog will start making a cream otherwise it's not worth it to abandon my Cella and Razorock!

Top Bottom