What's new

SILENT wireless keyboard and mouse

I'm in need of a new wireless keyboard and mouse, but I would also like a silent or quiet mouse... I don't want my office mates to know how much 'clicking' I'm doing. Any suggestions?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I'm in need of a new wireless keyboard and mouse, but I would also like a silent or quiet mouse... I don't want my office mates to know how much 'clicking' I'm doing. Any suggestions?

PC or Mac? Magic touch pad thing registers taps as clicks...absolutely silent if you tap lightly.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
PC or Mac? Magic touch pad thing registers taps as clicks...absolutely silent if you tap lightly.
I had this but returned it. I spend a whole lot of time on the computer and for me it was every ergonomic. I find that the magic mouse is a little better. i'm just one of those guys that's used to a large Microsoft/Logitech mouse that fits my hand over it.

as for something SILENT. there are a a couple Microsoft keyboards that i thought where quieter than others, but i doubt you'll find one that is totally silent. when you do let me know. I can't totally remember the model. Maybe 6000 series. or 9000

for your keyboard you could try a silicone cover or similar cover. It should dampen the "clicks" some. get one specific to your model keyboard.

I'd suggest visting Office Depot and/or Office Max and/or Staples. I know for a fact each one has numerous keyboards/mice on display.

DayMan , no offense here but I would think most people would want quiet so as not to disturb office mates - but you want to conceal or hide your activity - interesting reason ???

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
The Mac Keyboards will work with Windows (and Linux, Unix, FreeBSD) computers. They are very, very quiet.
not the wireless one. at least not as quite as most other keyboards i've owned. I'm sure we all have different "quiet" definitions though. i'd actually like to get rid of it for the Logitech solar powered keyboard that's made for Macs. I miss having a 10 key every time I use numbers.

not the wireless one. at least not as quite as most other keyboards i've owned. I'm sure we all have different "quiet" definitions though. i'd actually like to get rid of it for the Logitech solar powered keyboard that's made for Macs. I miss having a 10 key every time I use numbers.

Sorry, you are correct, I should have specified the wired keyboard and the MB110LL/B specifically. Then again, pretty much any keyboard is quieter than mine. I use a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Blues..... very tactile and very clicky.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Sorry, you are correct, I should have specified the wired keyboard and the MB110LL/B specifically. Then again, pretty much any keyboard is quieter than mine. I use a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Blues..... very tactile and very clicky.
i basically have mine because its small, i like the design (minus the 10-key missing) and.....it's an Apple product.

I had a Microsoft 4000 wireless mouse and it was very quiet.

Unfortunately, the rubber around the track wheel started to come apart after about two years. I just replaced it with a Logitech, but it is noticeably louder when clicking. I will likely get another MS 4000 mouse very soon.

JaDo, I picked up the Microsoft 4000 wireless and it is pretty darn quiet. I also settled on a logitech K360 keyboard, which is small and quiet. So far, this setup is working pretty well...

Top Bottom