What's new

CE Super or Kent BK4 Silvertip?

I've been hunting around for a new brush and found the CE Super medium on sale at a reasonable price. I carried on looking to see what else was out there and found a Kent BK4 Silvertip for not many more £.

I am now in a dilemma as the Kent is a Silvertip, but smaller than the CE Super, which is lesser quality, but of a size that I am comfortable with.

I have a feeling that most people would say go for the BK4, but I'm just looking for confirmation....................

BTW in Joels review, the BK4 looks quite big in comparison to other small brushes - is it?

Cheers

Jules

I'd go with the BK4. It's on the face feel is quite bigger than its stated knot size. Also, though the C&E Super has an inherently larger knot size, due to it long loft it tends to be a bit floppy. I too purchased a C&E super after a sale, but I ended up returning it because it was too floppy.

If you want a completely unbiased opinion, ignore me. But, the Kent is brilliant. As I said in another thread, they say it is "small/travel size", but actually it is quite large. Especially once it has 'bloomed'. Furthermore, it really works great, and really makes some great lather.

I've been hunting around for a new brush and found the CE Super medium on sale at a reasonable price. I carried on looking to see what else was out there and found a Kent BK4 Silvertip for not many more £.

I am now in a dilemma as the Kent is a Silvertip, but smaller than the CE Super, which is lesser quality, but of a size that I am comfortable with.

I have a feeling that most people would say go for the BK4, but I'm just looking for confirmation....................

BTW in Joels review, the BK4 looks quite big in comparison to other small brushes - is it?

Cheers

Jules

Hi Jules

Highly recommend the BK4, its a great brush.

Regards

Top Bottom