What's new

Tie of the Day

We have threads picturing daily updates of watches and shoes, so I thought I would add one featuring neck ties.

Since venturing into The Haberdashery, I've been thinking quite a bit about ties. I've learned that my dads old collection of neck ties just doesn't cut it anymore.

So what tie are you wearing today? Bow Tie, Neck Tie, Skinny, Traditional, Bolo?

What's around your neck? Show us a picture!

Last edited:
I'll start out. I must apologize regarding my lack of a fresh shave. This weekends snow storm has had me shoveling non stop and I just got plain lazy.

Today's tie is a new Bow Tie that I picked up. It is double sided. The front side is patterned and the back is solid. This results in the final front bow displaying the pattern and the rear bow displaying a solid tone.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I'm a big fan of Drake's, Sam Hober, Panta and Vanda ties. I love wearing wool and cashmere ties during the winter months, just received a couple black and white prince of wales bow ties and houndstooth.

Last edited:
Come on mates, where are the pictures? Nobody wants to just look at my misshapen head every 24 hours.

Need More Pics!

(This is just a self serving thread for me to get tie ideas from you great gentlemen. I need pics to get inspired!)

Come on mates, where are the pictures? Nobody wants to just look at my misshapen head every 24 hours.

Need More Pics!

(This is just a self serving thread for me to get tie ideas from you great gentlemen. I need pics to get inspired!)

Rob could use a shave but his dome looks fairly symmetrical.

I don't wear ties often these days, but when I do, it's likely a Hober Grenandine. Awesome ties. I WILL flack for that guy's ties.

I don't normally wear ties (I love them, but I just can't wear them at my job.) The OP seems like he's in dire need of some tie pics, so here's a few.....

A few months ago, my best friend and I hosted a pre-prohibition cocktail party at his loft, and wanted to do something approximating period cocktail attire. I was trying for the bartender look since he and I would be making all the cocktails on our rather ambitious 20 drink menu for the evening. Anyway, I initially planned to wear a black bow tie, but I stumbled upon a different tie that I felt really complemented the colors on my vest, so I had to go with that one. I was worried about mixing patterns, but I did some research on "tie rules" and I think it worked out OK. This pic was a selfie I took to send to my wife and get her opinion on the combo. I would love to have borrowed the OP's mustache- it would REALLY have made the outfit.. Anyway, ignore the silly expression on my face- I was attempting to look "snobby" or "hoighty-toighty" to make my wife laugh...

$photo.jpg

These other two were at dinners with my wife- I think birthday and anniversary.

$photo2.JPG

$photo3.JPG

Today's tie is truly one of the most exclusive ties found anywhere on the planet.....

This is the official tie of the membership of The Habdlebar Club of London, England.

Enjoy.

proxy.php

Worked 17 hours today. Arrived home to a small box in my mailbox labeled The Tie Bar!

Here's a shot of my four new ties from The Tie Bar.

The tie on the far right is double sided. Front bow displays the plaid pattern, rear bow displays the complimentary dot pattern. I love this tie.

Overall, I am impressed with the quality of the ties. The customer service and shipping speed of The Tie Bar was excellent.

proxy.php

Diggin all the bow tie love here

Unfortunately, two things prevent me from posting tie pics here (1) I don't typically wear ties (2) I'm not tech savvy enough to post pics when i do:blush:

Top Bottom