What's new

simpson brush advice

That's too bad. I think your's was a Tulip 2, right? I have one and it's a favorite. And my face seems to be fairly sensitive to scritch. I think you must have landed an outlier.

yes it was. T2 Super 2 band, 23/53. looked amazing, but did nothing for me...which was too bad, as it was a beautiful looking knot and one of the best looking Simpson handles out there.

My T2 2-band is an incredibly nice soft brush with great flow through and better than average backbone. But I don't find its properties and good qualities very different than my 2-band Thater. Actually, these two brushes are very similar, but the Thater is much cheaper.

that's what i was hoping for in mine (as you know), but it was not to be. I subbed it for a D01 2 band 25/50 fan and have no plan on looking back, as this any other Shavemac have always worked better for me and I prefer and get more enjoyment from them. the T2 was something I had always wanted to try, got a chance and now know how much variance the Simpson brushes have, not only in size, but in feel. i have not experienced that with any of my other brushes.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
<snip> The T2 was something I had always wanted to try, got a chance and now know how much variance the Simpson brushes have, not only in size, but in feel. i have not experienced that with any of my other brushes.

I don't know how dazo (in the OP) feels about slightly used brushes, but this is one reason I prefer to buy Simpsons on BST, not that there isn't some risk of being disappointed there also. That said, I haven't noticed very many Polos showing up for sale there recently.

I'd recommend used as you can find out about knot feel and know exactly what you will get.

I don't know how dazo (in the OP) feels about slightly used brushes, but this is one reason I prefer to buy Simpsons on BST, not that there isn't some risk of being disappointed there also. That said, I haven't noticed very many Polos showing up for sale there recently.

agreed (i also advise "used" or BST)..i bought mine used, but should have asked more questions about it first. i thought i knew what i was getting, but was mistaken (at no fault of the seller).

i've seen a few Polo's, but forget how long ago they were and what they went for. i'll say this about Simpson, they hold their value well and it's not a huge gamble to try and buy, then sell if it doesn't work out.

I have a Chubby 2 in super that is still breaking in. It's a wonderful brush that is getting better with use.
That being said, I suggest you check out the Thater line of brushes, I prefer Thaters at this point in time.

Top Bottom