What's new

Ginger beer.

I like Old Jamaica Ginger Beer. Works by itself, but also great with Saffron Gin. When it comes to real ginger beers, containing alcohol, I don't like those that much, as I really prefer the ginger sting to take over.

I grew up drinking Schweppes and other local makes. In the West of Scotland any soft drink is called 'ginger'
Nothing like it on a hot day.

I'm a bartender down south we use Goslings for our drinks on a cost basis. Stores have Regatta which is much better I think but fairly expensive. Moscow mules are the main thing we use it for but some gin/vodka,satsuma juice and ginger beer is quite delicious as well!

Tanqueray, ginger beer and a spash of Roses Lime... poured tall over the rocks on a hot day. Good living.

+1 on the Bundaberg and **** & Bull

We use Golden Ginger at the restaurant where I work it, and it's solid too.

Ginger beer + rye bourbon = win

Legion

Staff member
You'se guys can get Bundaberg? Cool. I like that one, and Cascade is another nice Aussie ginger beer. Also, if you want an alcoholic ginger cider, I had a Bulmers one yesterday, and it was quite nice on a hot day.

I love ginger beer. I finally got around to getting a fifth of Goslings Black Seal Rum. I don't know what I was waiting for, but regarless, that night I made my first homemade Dark and Stormy. Damn it was good. I enjoy mixing rye/bourbon with ginger beer, but I'd almost rather drink them separately, because the alcohol kills the ginger bite, and the ginger beer kills the flavour of the liquor.

But a Dark and Stormy... perfect balance. I'll have to try it with my homemade ginger beer.

As a new B&B member posting from the birth place of the Dark n' Stormy, it's great to see the wide appreciation for Goslings and Ginger Beer.

Have severely bludgeoned myself one too many times with Black Seal in my younger years, I tend to shy away from it these days. I'll sip the Family Reserve Old Rum neat, but no extended cocktailing on "Black" for me.

Top Bottom