What's new

If you can have only one DE for the rest of your life.

It'd be a tossup between my OC Aristocrat and my NEW. Hold a gun to my head and it's the Aristocrat. Just because of the cool factor it has

It would be my Mergress XL adjustable. Its adjustable - says it all really: A razor for all situations and caters for whatever blade you use and whatever length my beard/stubble.

It's modern aesthetics will also prove timeless (eventually).

ATT Atlas R1 is my only DE now. I went through all the new SS Razors and all the old Gillette's plus a few new model Merkur's. I've come to the conclusion the Atlas is all I need unless some great new razor comes along. Oh I am still waiting to try a Cobra so we'll see how that goes.

I could retire with the Darwin Deluxe.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

And with the solid cobalt steel it's made out of -- it will never lose its plating or shine.

A stainless steel ball end Tech with the head profile of a Schick Krona.

Considering I do not have the resources to have it made, I will keep rotating (and acquiring) mortal razors.

Feather AS-D1.

Easy choice: beautiful, well-made, good size and heft, good grip, and supremely smooth and effective (at least for me).

In fact, even though I have other nice razors, including a Fat Boy and a Slim, the AS-D1 is just so right for me that I usually just grab it and ignore the others (except to admire them).

But if I had that Darwin, I'm sure things would be different!

Last edited:
Interesting. With all the buzz around Gillette Fat Boys and Slims, I thought I'd see a bigger showing here. Out of 57 posts, I think there has only been 2 or 3 mentions.

Top Bottom