What's new

Best shaving cream in India.

I live in city of Mumbai(bombay)...I got interested in shaving bcoz,I got to see from my childhood my father groom very well...I also like straight razor more than other razors although I want a good barber to shave my beard..

I went out looking for a good shaving cream today...I found out that in some markets,I spotted ARKO shaving creams(4 types) and in Italian origin OMEGA shaving cream.Can anybody tell me is ARKO better than OMEGA? I feel that Italians are good in grooming products..

Also what are peoples opinion on shaving creams of Indian companies like Godrej,Axe denim,Palmolive? People here Usually like to think International Products are better...

I want a shaving cream which lathers up real well and is good for all types of skin without causing too much Irritation.. I dont really have a good badger brush for the cream though just a cheap synthetic brush by park avenue India..

Sometime back I had spotted Proraso and Musgo real shaving creams but the shop says its out of stock for now...

Hi fathersshave, Welcome to B&B.

I like the Omega a bit better than the Arko, although both are very good products. Both work well and are enjoyable. Regarding the Indian produced shave creams, they are highly regarded by the folks here at B&B. My favorite of the Indian creams are the shave creams by Yardley, and the Godrej Menthol Mist.

-- John Gehman

I live in city of Mumbai(bombay)...I got interested in shaving bcoz,I got to see from my childhood my father groom very well...I also like straight razor more than other razors although I want a good barber to shave my beard..

I went out looking for a good shaving cream today...I found out that in some markets,I spotted ARKO shaving creams(4 types) and in Italian origin OMEGA shaving cream.Can anybody tell me is ARKO better than OMEGA? I feel that Italians are good in grooming products..

Also what are peoples opinion on shaving creams of Indian companies like Godrej,Axe denim,Palmolive? People here Usually like to think International Products are better...

I want a shaving cream which lathers up real well and is good for all types of skin without causing too much Irritation.. I dont really have a good badger brush for the cream though just a cheap synthetic brush by park avenue India..

Sometime back I had spotted Proraso and Musgo real shaving creams but the shop says its out of stock for now...

Welcome to B&B.

Even im from Mumbai, i was recommended godraj soap, i will be having my first shave with it tomorrow but you can buy any godrej and old spice cream they are very good.

Hi fathersshave, Welcome to B&B.

I like the Omega a bit better than the Arko, although both are very good products. Both work well and are enjoyable. Regarding the Indian produced shave creams, they are highly regarded by the folks here at B&B. My favorite of the Indian creams are the shave creams by Yardley, and the Godrej Menthol Mist.

-- John Gehman

would you say the omega as better than the godrej and arko.?

So many good ones in India ! Old Spice ,Yardley,Park avenue,Dettol,Gatsby,Axe,Biotique and the old workhorse Godrej,are all cheap but very good lather makers.The Yardley varieties are highly perfumed.

would you say the omega as better than the godrej and arko.?

Perhaps a little better, but they are all similar. The Palmolive, Old Spice, and the other offerings available in India are excellent. What you need is a good, large knot, silvertip badger shave brush. Anyway, the Indian produced shave creams are good enough that many in the US order them off the internet, and gladly pay for the shipping half way around the world. See Malocchio's posting, above.

-- John Gehman

Hi Fathersshave, I'm from India and new on the forum too! Welcome to B&B.:001_smileI've been wetshaving for 7months now. I've tried most of the products you've mentioned and currently have Godrej shave soap, old spice, Macaroot from Bodyshop and Palmolive(red) in my rotation. I've also used my father's Godrej cream a few times. I"ve got really good lather with all of these products and the ones which didn't lather too well wasn't b'coz of the product but because of my technique. A little research on these forums sorted that out and now I'm able to whip up a good lather with almost anything! As far as skin irritation goes once I started lathering with Marco's technique and using Kyle's prep-

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/9745-How-to-Pre-Shave-Prep?highlight=kyle's+prep

I must say I've definitely seen a reduction in my acne. I had started a thread on shaving products in India and am dying to try something with tallow in it. You mentioned Arko and Musgo. Could you tell me where to get these?:drool:

Hi Fathersshave, I'm from India and new on the forum too! Welcome to B&B.:001_smileI've been wetshaving for 7months now. I've tried most of the products you've mentioned and currently have Godrej shave soap, old spice, Macaroot from Bodyshop and Palmolive(red) in my rotation. I've also used my father's Godrej cream a few times. I"ve got really good lather with all of these products and the ones which didn't lather too well wasn't b'coz of the product but because of my technique. A little research on these forums sorted that out and now I'm able to whip up a good lather with almost anything! As far as skin irritation goes once I started lathering with Marco's technique and using Kyle's prep-

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/9745-How-to-Pre-Shave-Prep?highlight=kyle%27s+prep

I must say I've definitely seen a reduction in my acne. I had started a thread on shaving products in India and am dying to try something with tallow in it. You mentioned Arko and Musgo. Could you tell me where to get these?:drool:

I spotted some ARKO in mumbais crowded crawford market... MUSGO REAL and PRORASO was seen last 7 months back in GOODEARTH STORES(known mainly for scented candles,home design,soaps)

I've heard great things about indian Detol Shave cream, if you like a cooling cream try it, it's supposed to out freeze half the menthol creams out there

India is a cosmetic powerhouse which I was surprised to see in my beginning of this. Sadly to say the boards have moved away from India products and they do not sell as they once did. Quite a few domestic brands popped up as well as euro ones which seem to replace the desire for these excellent items.

Top Bottom