What's new

Sweedish Gillette Blades!

I wasn't quite sure where to post about the Sweedish Gillette blades so I thought I'd just post here in the general forum. Being relatively new to this whole wet shaving thing of ours (we can call it La Cosa Nostra), I have just been using Merkur blades that I got when I bought my HD. After getting my technique down, it was time to get some more blades. I took the advice of many here and ordered the LetterK sampler pack. It just came in the mail yesterday. So this morning I decided to give one of the new types of blades a try. I opted for one of the Swedes, as they seem to get nothing but praise here. Boy am I glad I chose one of those Swedes!! All I can say is WOW!! I never thought there could be such a difference in razor blades. Smooth, smooth, smooth is the word that comes to mind. I had the BEST shave of my life today. That blade just glided across my face, scooping up the T&H Lavender cream (and taking my whiskers along with it) like nobody's business. Let me say that while my technique would not be considered as "pro", it is a lot better than when I first started. I have never gotten a DE shave without at least a few nicks, cuts, and/or weepers. I was so amazed as I was standing there shaving that I could not believe my eyes when I finished and looked up and voila, no cuts of any kind. Not even one little weeper that usually pops up on the hard to get at portion of my neck!! But get this, I've got ZERO irritation to boot!! I thought all you guys were nuts that kept hyping these blades as the greatest thing since sliced bread, but let me tell you......They Are!!! I have found my "go to" blade, and it will forever affectionately be known as "Swede." Now all I have to do is figure out what I'm gonna do with all these other blades I just got. I don't want to use them for fear of being disappointed. Maybe I'll just put em up for a swap in the trade forum. Long Live Swede!!

I love Swedish Gillettes too. They aren't the cheapest blade but they are worth the extra cost to me. I haven't used another blade that shaves like it. I used to use Feathers but they were a little rough at times. Yes, they were sharp and that's what I thought it was all about. Then, when I tried a Swedish Gillette I realized it was just right for me.:thumbup: :thumbup:

J

Jarmo P

They are not swedish. No one knows where they are made from. Expensive for sure, and my faves too. They are sharp but friendly on my skin, but I keep trying to get my shave technique ok with Feathers. So far I am not thinking so.

A little more expensive...but darn well worth it! A nice sharp blade that is very forgiving IMHO. And I get more shaves per blade with the Swede!!! What's not to like about them?

My favorite blade is the Swedish Gillette. The next in line are the feathers. So far, I have also tried the Merkurs, Crystals, and Derbys. For me, none of these were even close. Of course, YMMV.

Swedish Gillettes are £1.25 for 5 in John Lewis, Milton Keynes (UK)... just in case anyone wants to know :001_rolle

Glad to hear that they've still got them

When I was in the John Lewis at Cheadle Royal (Cheshire) in September, they'd been discontinued :frown:

A favourite of mine, I'd also give a thumbs up to the Gillette Super Silver

Swedes are by far the smoothest, in my experience.

I just can't justify the extra cost. If only they were available in bulk at a more reasonable price.

I just can't justify the extra cost. If only they were available in bulk at a more reasonable price.

I found that true as well, and couldn't justify it until I kept trying other blades looking for something cheaper that's just as good. I'm sure I'll try again, but I got tired of scraping the hell out of my face, so I figured that the Swedes are about four (five?) times the cost of Derbys in bulk, but they last at least twice as long for me, and each blade feels more than twice as good. So they even out. See? You can justify anything if you want to! :biggrin:

They are my favorite blade so far. Where is the cheapest place to get them in the States?

I got mine in the LetterK sampler pak. I'll probably just continue to buy them from him. With all the $ my wife spends on her cosmetics and shoes and hair products, I can more than justify shelling out a little extra cash for something for myself!!

Top Bottom