What's new

Still figuring out Klar Seifen

I took my puck of Klar Seifen out of its dinky little tin and put it into my Old Spice mug to make loading easier, and that worked marvelously. I'm still having trouble getting the water ratio just so. I can't figure out if this is a thirsty, or not so thirsty soap. Anyone have any thoughts?

I think I over-hydrated this morning. I had a lot of lather, but it seemed like it lacked substance, and I had plenty of soap in the brush.

It's good lathering soap. I'd say I use a fair amount of water but have never had any issues getting a great lather. It will just take a try or two for you to get it right.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I don't own the Seifen, but the Kabinett is a thirsty soap and for me it's very easy to lather up properly and abundantly.

It sounds like you are using too much water. I find it works best when treated like MdC. Load however much you feel is right, then add water in a little bit at a time and it should explode in lather. If this doesn't work, later tonight I can post a few photos for you

I put a couple drops of water on top of the soap in the tin, soak the brush then wring it dry, then start to swirl the brush, adding a touch more water if I think it will speed things up. Then I apply brush to face. Always get a good lather. Guess I am oblivious to if the soap is thirsty or not.

Top Bottom