What's new

Controversial Hatred, or the thing you hate that everyone looks at you funny for.

Poutine...I want to love it, but I don't and I can't and I won't.

RUSH. Highly skilled musicians, no doubt, but I can't take Geddy Lee's voice at all. Like, I want to drown myself when I hear it.
}I don't hate our neighbors to the north, however. The Canada connection is pure coincidence here.{

Planned Communities/Suburbia & Chain Restaurants...I get REALLY creeped out when everything looks the same.

I hate "observed" holidays. If an event is significant enough to note it each year, do so on the correct day. No matter how you cut it, an "observed" day is just a day off from work---nothing wrong with that---we can all use more days of not working. However, parlaying an observed holiday into a three-day weekend is plainly obscene.

Memorial Day stands out in my mind as a day when I am not concerned at all with having a good time or with eating well. Accordingly, if we are going to celebrate the birth of someone we truly admire, I choose to not do so at a shopping event. Some holidays were meant to be contemplative; it is in our best interest to do just that.

I understand where you're coming from. I do, however, think it's possible to contemplate, as well as doing other things, all within the span of a day, and not defile the spirit of the "observed" holiday.

I think the problem is that, no matter how contemplative or somber a day is meant to be, enterprising and opportunistic members of society will always try to take advantage of it. It's just human nature. Can businesses help it if half the adult population of the US has a day of work and very recently received income tax refunds?

Personally, of the holidays I choose to celebrate, I prefer to reflect on the reason for the holiday, and make it a point to explain to my children why they have a certain day off school or why we celebrate the way we do. When those holidays coincide with certain seasonal traditions, I try my best to make sure I understand why we're celebrating. I have nothing against a bbq get-together on Memorial Day. A moment of silence, or some observance goes a long way to remind guests the price of our freedoms.

That said, I kind of get your point about binding a particular day of observance to a weekend. Granted some days of observance were initially set on such rotations on purpose. I don't pretend to know any of those purposes (Memorial Day, Mother's/Father's Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day are the days that immediately come to mind).

I hate "Rachel from Card Services." She like to keep in touch with me. I'm flattered by her constant attention, but there are times when I'd just rather sleep. She certainly does have a lot to say... and hardly lets me get a word in edgewise. I'm worried that my wife will find out about me and Rachel.

$Rachel1325797249.jpg

I hate "Rachel from Card Services." She like to keep in touch with me. I'm flattered by her constant attention, but there are times when I'd just rather sleep. She certainly does have a lot to say... and hardly lets me get a word in edgewise. I'm worried that my wife will find out about me and Rachel.
You should introduce your wife to Jake from State Farm.
She and Jake can carry on their own tele-romance and she'll forget all about you and Rachel.

Last edited:
I'm with you, Muhleskinner. I don't like the Beatles. People think something's wrong with me when they hear that.

I dislike cilantro, too . . . a lot.

I'm with you, Muhleskinner. I don't like the Beatles. People think something's wrong with me when they hear that.

I dislike cilantro, too . . . a lot.

Nothing messes up a good salsa like somebody dumping some cilantro in it. It doesn't just mess it up, it ruins it.....

Pickles on a hamburger. I like dill pickles a lot but I must have a dill sensitivity. If they are on a hamburger (or other sandwich) that's all I can taste.

Passive-Aggressive personalities. In a just world I'd be paid a bounty on each pelt brought to market.

Nothing messes up a good salsa like somebody dumping some cilantro in it. It doesn't just mess it up, it ruins it.....

It's as if someone takes all these tasty ingredients (tomatoes, peppers, onions, and so on), puts them together, and then decides, "We don't really want anyone to eat this. Let's add cilantro."

I hate it when someone dumps their car's ashtray full of cigarette butts right in a parking lot.... and they do it right in front of you as if to say, "This is OK with you buddy, ain't it?"

I don't like it when I'm at a nightclub with a live band, and they leave the stage and wander through the club, or even worse, come out onto the dance floor playing their instruments. They are in the way, they don't sound as good as they did on stage, they just look foolish to me.

I've had it happen where I've been nursing my drink on the sidelines and a female vocalist would come right up to me and start singing, TO ME. I was creeped out and ran away. Another time, I was eating a meal with a date when a saxophone player took one of the chairs from our table and stood up on it and started playing his sax over our meal. I didn't care for it at all, but I didn't say anything because I was with a date. Had I been alone, I might have reacted differently.

It happened again last night. The band I've seen many times before, and they are mediocre to average at best. But when they left the stage and started circulating through the crowd, that really tore it for me. I decided I'd had enough and cut my evening short and went home.

I hate it when a band doesn't turn up. Or turns up late and drunk. Van Halen springs to mind.
Yeah, Justin Bieber did that to his London fans.

I've had bands cancel out because of bad weather. But, if I can make it to the venue, why can't they?

A band showing up drunk doesn't bother me. As long as they are coherent enough to play their gig, having a good buzz on puts an extra edge on things that can be a plus. As long as its not taken to extremes.

Then again, taking it to extremes can be a plus, too ... I'm thinking about Root Boy Slim. Google him if you don't know the history on this interesting personality.

One time in the late '70s, I saw a concert where Peter Tosh opened up for the The Rolling Stones. Tosh brought out a great big bong on stage and proceeded to fire it up as part of his act. The police and concert security started moving towards the stage and wanted to arrest him then and there, but the audience booed and hissed and they backed down.

Last edited:
Most "animal rights" organizations like PETA, ASPCA, HSUS, etc. I would never send one of these organizations a dime. They're hypocrites with their own agendas. As soon as I see one of their "Arms Of An Angel" videos with carefully-calculated shots of caged and frightened animals, I want to puke. These organizations are about them and their agenda, not about animals.

For the record, I'm an animal lover. If I encountered somebody being cruel to an animal, I'd beat them down on the spot and suffer the consequences later.

Top Bottom