What's new

new guy from NJ. this place is.

Welcome to B&B

You are right about this place being awsome. I seem to be addicted to this site. Lot's of great people, shaving advice as well as non shaving topics.

Let us know how you first DE shave go's.

Sounds like you have a nice set up to start out with.

Insane...
Yup, for grade school, I went to St Anthony's right across the street. Walked past BHS every day. Ended up following a few of my friends to DePaul in Wayne...
As for P.Lakes, My brother lives there now. Small friggin world this is.

I spent years about 15 - 30 in Butler! Went to Butler High School.

Welcome to B&B

You are right about this place being awsome. I seem to be addicted to this site. Lot's of great people, shaving advice as well as non shaving topics.

Let us know how you first DE shave go's.

Sounds like you have a nice set up to start out with.

Thanks, i'll let you guys know how I make out...
I'm also on the look out for a nice SE now to compare. I just missed out on the Damaskeene that was recently sold here. If anyone has one they are willing to part with, let me know?

Also a muhle r41 and maybe a Wade and Butcher straight razor down the line... Lol...

I originally became interested in DE's because I was tired of spending money on cartridge razors, Hmmm... I may need to rethink that reasoning as I can already tell Im going to end up spending a small fortune...
But at least I'll have some really cool razors to pass down to my 3 sons... :)

thanks again everyone

im new on here to and from south jersey and didn't know if we had a place to go and buy and check out safety and straight razors?

Thanks for the warm welcomes.
I live in somerset county, central NJ.

I just bought an edwin jagger de89lbl, about 15 different assorted blades, Taylor of bond shaving cream, proraso after shave lotion, and I have an old brush and bowl that were my father's.

Looking forward to my first shave with this stuff which will be tomorrow as it just all arrived today.

all this new jersey talk, how i miss the state. i lived in Edison for a couple of years.

Welcom Cosimojack!

I was born in Edison. Went to St. Matthew's school through 6th grade. My father grew up there and went to EHS.

Welcome to shave-ri-la, CosimoJack, from your fellow Jersey Shave Devils.

ChevyGuyNJ: Southern NJ wet/DE/SE shaving product venues: just off the top of my head, there's Art of Shaving shops in Atlantic City, Philadelphia, Cherry Hill, Wilmington DE (in the Macy's at the mall). I'll bet if you google a bit further and call around a bit, you'll find other places that sell traditional shaving equipment. You'd think there must be more in places like AC, Cape May, Vineland, Princeton, etc.

Last edited:
Welcome to shave-ri-la, CosimoJack, from your fellow Jersey Shave Devils.

ChevyGuyNJ: Southern NJ wet/DE/SE shaving product venues: just off the top of my head, there's Art of Shaving shops in Atlantic City, Philadelphia, Cherry Hill, Wilmington DE (in the Macy's at the mall). I'll bet if you google a bit further and call around a bit, you'll find other places that sell traditional shaving equipment. You'd think there must be more in places like AC, Cape May, Vineland, Princeton, etc.

I remember being in Princeton for Some training right before I got in to wet shaving and the Little Taste of Cuba cigar shop had some razors and creams/soaps inside. I don't recall the make, but believe it may have been TOBS and EJ razors.

Awesome!

Really mean it. The knowledge, the passion, crazy people... you got everything here.
I especially am impressed with the generousity that I've seen and willingness to help others.
Most forums are not like this so I'm so glad to have stumbled here.

Agreed. There is only one B&B, and I am glad to be here to learn.

Top Bottom