What's new

Finally moved on a 1911

I've been going back and forth for a few months now on what to get for my first 1911. I finally pulled the trigger. Now the uncomfortably long week of waiting.

Colt Gold Cup Trophy

Attachments

• $Colt.jpg
    $Colt.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 223
A very long 8 days. So hope to have a range report back somewhere around the end of next week.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Really nice. It's really hard to not appreciate the timeless beauty of 1911. They just "look" right to me.

Is that priced in same range as most 1911's or does the stainless add a few extra Benjamin's?

SS is slightly higher within each model on most brands that I shopped. Not a huge difference though.

May it last a few lifetimes and may you never require its service. A wonderful gun that shoots even nicer than it looks. Cups are about my favorite 1911's to shoot. If it's brandy new, you may want to find a good smith to exchange some of the MIM bits for Wilson or other proper forged and machined pieces that will last as long as the rest of the gun. I sheared an ejector 75 rounds (not +P either) into my Defender, which convinced me to change EVERYTHING over since it was a daily carry. The Cups, iirc, have far less MIM but there will still likely be some bits that warrant changing out if you plan on using it for anything other than the occasional range run. A wonderful choice for a 1911!

NICE SCORE!!

I LOVE 1911's ( except the series 70's) but they don't love me. Owned around fifteen or so over the years. For some silly reason, I shoot a Hi-Powr better.

Only found one 1911 that really worked and it was an "Enhanced" Combat Commander. I had to put a muzzle brake on it though and it ended up being the same size as regular 1911. It belongs to my dear old dad, he and I both hated it till I put that compensator bushing on it. Now he won't sell it to me. My fault as I never should have let him shoot it. LOL

He's 88 now, I suspect one of these years it'll be mine. I'm not in any hurry for it. ;)

Top Bottom