What's new

To Music or Not to Music ?

You can't go wrong but as a newbie, I like to listen to the whiskers being cut. I like the zen experience of it

I dont shave to music (yet) but I could see how many are choosing classical music/jazz as it seems a natural fit. Something about being a refined gentleman.
Although if it werent too early in the morning I could envision myself listening to Kick Start My Heart by Motley Crue, The Trooper or Wrathchild by Iron Maiden, Mysterious -2unlimited, Stayin' Alive- N-Trance, 6underground-Sneaker Pimps, Yanni Live at the acropolis (keys to imagination and 1 or 2 others from that concert)...man oh man. this could be fun. Maybe i wont listen to any music...it already takes to long to shave as it is without listening to any music..

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Silence for me, but if you're looking for a playlist I could suggest;

Love Lies Bleeding - Elton John
Blood On Blood - Bon Jovi
Let It Bleed - The Rolling Stones
Blood Brothers - Bruce Springsteen
Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2
Hot Blooded - Foreigner
Blood On The Tracks - Bob Dylan

Hot Blooded - Foreigner
:lol:

OH man I love M&S and Flogging Molly. I have seen Fm twice and was super sad to miss this this month in Ptown. I do listen to FM while shaving but its the slow short songs the others I pass. I did know about LLS thank you though. Winkles has helped me out with a few questions and tips.
Good choices of music!

I have the radio on a news/talk station station weekday mornings when I'm getting ready. Weekend mornings or if I have to shower and shave in the evening, I'll put on a CD, which is variable. I guess I don't do quiet very much.
+1 I too don't do quiet very much!

I shave when I get out of the shower. During my shower I have the local classic rock station blaring. When I shave I just turn it down a little so that I can hear myself shave, but it's still playing. Nothing like a DE shave while listening to AC/DC. Makes me think I'm Iron Man or something.

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap! :thumbup:

Hot Blooded - Foreigner

I love it!

It's really cool how a thread could be dead for a month then it picks up again.
So far each time I shave I change the type of music I listen to. I found the CD I wanted when I first started this back in Feb. Next week when I shave I will either listen to that (soft Irish music) or Pinback.

No music, no running water, no fans, no nuttin'! I want to be able to hear the razor. I get a much more efficient shave that way.

Actually no music. I listen to a vintage radio play crime or horror mostly. Listening to a Johnny Dollar, Richard Diamon PI etc.
Puts me in a mainly frame of mind. Kinda like what it would have been like for me pre tv helps me relax.
I know I will get lots of boo's but Amos & Andy are still funny after all these years.

When I worked in West LA/Brentwood in the mid-90's, I would often eat (drink) lunch (drunch) at The Shack. My bartender most days was George, Flogging Molly's bald drummer. Great guy. Not my kind of music, but they are talented.

EDIT: Oops,. newbie forum flub. That was to T-Rex, the Flogging Molly fan.

I try to keep up with current music. I have an app on my Android phone that acts as a 'listening post' for new alternative records. I have made quite some interesting musical discoveries through this app.

When I worked in West LA/Brentwood in the mid-90's, I would often eat (drink) lunch (drunch) at The Shack. My bartender most days was George, Flogging Molly's bald drummer. Great guy. Not my kind of music, but they are talented.

EDIT: Oops,. newbie forum flub. That was to T-Rex, the Flogging Molly fan.

Oh man that is killer! The last time I saw them live I guess he was playing with a broken hand. Crazy bastard.

I've been listening to some big band and swing lately, but I do also listen to some jazz and alternative rock as well. I'm kinda all over the place.

OH man I love M&S and Flogging Molly. I have seen Fm twice and was super sad to miss this this month in Ptown.

The wife and I saw Flogging Molly in New Orleans about a year ago.

A couple of days ago I listened to Opera, Placido Domingo. Today, I listened to Civil Wars.

Oddly enough, I usually have metalcore playing. Something along the line of As I Lay Dying or August Burns Red. I guess I could jump on the Flogging Molly bandwagon too...seen them a few times. Always a great show. I do so love the sound of the blade against my skin, but there's just something about a aggressive, driving beat while enjoying the very little "me time" I get everyday. Those with little ones know what I mean.

Top Bottom