What's new

Today Defines What I Get Out Of Shaving, And A Great Saturday Morning

Day started late, I slept in 'till 8:00, which is a bonus.

Went to the "Man Cave" and set out my kit for the morning, which included:
  • Arlington Brush in Pure (my favourite brush of the 3 I currently have)
  • AOS Sandlewood soap & cream
  • 38C with an uncorked 3rd day Feather
  • AOS SAndlewood Preshave Oil (used between 2nd & 3rd passes)
  • AOS Alum Block
  • Tabac ASL and EDC

Long hot shower first with light face wash with my "special" facial soap. Got out and whipped up what was probably the finest super-lather with the soap & cream. I tell ya, even on the 3rd pass, the lather was seemingly never-ending and as luxurious as the first pass. I did 3 passes, N-S, S-N and ATG. WWR arter last pass with a good rub with the alum. Let it dry and then rinsed off with a nearly frozen face cloth. Splashed on the Tabac ASL while my face was still damp, and then dabbed on a little Tabac EDC.

I've had some really great shaves (quite a few actually) but this morning's tops 'em all. The way the shower felt before the shave, then the way the lather was combined with the way the razor simply glided across my face and the treatment gave myself after was better than sex ................. well, maybe not but you get the point.

Then to top off a wonderful morning, I put on the thickest softest robe you can imagine (a Christmas Gift from Her Majesty) and pulled two near perfect 27 sec double shots of Espresso, of which the first was mixed with an almost perfect microfoam and the second was enjoyed straight. Then I got dressed in my favourite jeans and denim shirt, ground some fresh roasted Jamaican Blue Mountain and had a couple of huge mugs out of the French Press while smoking a Tatjue Havana Belicoso while putzing around in the garage.

My friends, if I could "can" the way I spent the morning and the way I felt, I would be a millionaire in no time flat.

Why can't every Saturday be like this???

That's awesome, Jim!

The only thing my Saturday had in common with yours was a great shave (not that good, though :wink:). I'm currently sitting at work, but living vicariously through your post. :thumbsup:

today was my first shave with my new Merkur 38c with blade that came with.

Shower
Lavender / Peppermint soap made by wife
Tweezerman brush
passes 1 and 2 .. N - S
HWR ... relather
pass 3 left to right
HWR ... relather
pass 4 XTG
WWR ... CWR
nivea AS Balm

Just before leaving the house .. Burberry cologne 2 spray walk through

Really nice shave small irritation cheek probably due to razor burn from Thursday.

Top Bottom