What's new

What - No Patriots posts yet on this historic eve!?!?!?!?

On this historic eve: Go Pats, Go!

I have family from New York staying with us over the weekend. They are Jets fans and have come over to the dark side, indicating they are rooting for the Pats tonight and not their NY Giants team.

And finally - does it mean anything if they dont get the SuperBowl victory? Compare and Contrast. Tawlk amongst yourselves.

It was bound to happen sometime... I don't really care for the Patriots personally but they'll surely pull it off. I wouldn't care at all if it weren't for the fact that my dad hates the Colts to an absolutely ridiculous degree, he cheers passionately for whoever their main rival is. This Christmas, he bought himself Patriots apparel (we live in Indy). So to balance him out in a fashion typical of a rebellious child, I'm moderately opposed to the success of the Patriots.

I don't think it matters at all if they don't win the Super Bowl. They don't give out rings and trophies for perfect seasons, and great(er?) teams that have failed have been largely forgotten. That said, I really don't see anyone beating them in the playoffs this year.

my dad hates the Colts to an absolutely ridiculous degree, he cheers passionately for whoever their main rival is. This Christmas, he bought himself Patriots apparel (we live in Indy).

I'm your Dad's counterpart over here in Cincinnati. I don't really despise the Bengals, I just love those Steelers instead.

Personally, I don't see anyone beating the Pats all the way through and including the Super Bowl (Bore?).

No offense, but I hope they all rot in hell :wink: (I'm a COLTS fan)

GO GIANTS GO!

Let's not forget how easy their division is (especially compared to the AFC South). Both AFC wildcard teams could have easily come from the AFC South. The AFC East is a joke.

I can not stand the NE Patriots one bit. Ever since they broke my heart against my Raiders in foxborro, I've never really forgiven them. However, I respect that they are very talented and about to make NFL history... congratulations on that you Patriot fans.

The problem with the Patriots is that they are becoming an Evil Empire. From the start of "Spy-Gate" to Tom Brady becoming the new "Joe Namath" to the cold, unhumanlike personality of Belichick, the Patriots are becoming the new evil for many fans to hate.. like the following teams have..
1. The New York Yankees
2. The L.A. Lakers
3. The San Antonio Spurs
4. U.S.C. Trojans
5. And for you Ann Arbor fans Ohio State.....Lol

The list goes on, all I'm sayin is that I'm sick of seeing ESPN compare the Pat's against the greatest teams of all time (85 Bears, 49ers under Montana, Dolphins under Marino...)

Somewhere, there is a guy named Shula walking around saying "So what! Been there, done that...a long time ago..."

Randy

There are several guys at work who are very outspoken in their support of all teams from Boston.
Also, I worked as an usher at the play off game last year when the Chargers (a team I can't help but root for a little) were beaten by the Pats. The New England fans were rabid. There were numerous brawls after the game.
I was lashing out in my last post, and I’m sorry. If the Pats don’t go to the Super Bowl I will try to be nice.
Good luck
Doug

Only comments from last night:

• Wow.
  • Whew.
  • Good game.
  • Man my head is a little fuzzy this morning. Must have been the keg of 9% abv Belgian triple sitting outside on our deck.

Gillette Stadium??
:lol:
I'm now a fan.

Yes, The old stadium was called Foxboro and the new one Gillette.
Hey did anyone notice last nights game was sponsored in part by Gillette?

Ring or no ring, a 16 game undefeated season is a great aaccomplisment and I'm a "Skins" fan.

Also, kudo's to the Giants for coming out and making it a game even with nothing on the line.

Did I mention I coach a town league 11-12 yr old football team and we just finished our second straight championship season, both undefeated all the way through? 24 and 0.....
yep and here's the prode papa part, my son now hold the league record for tackles in a season with 67.....

Oh, here's the funny part, our team is none other than the Patriots..:lol: :lol:

Top Bottom