What's new

Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad Shave Soap

This is curious - have they changed the recipe for the soap recently I wonder?
I have a couple of dozen soaps (pucks and sticks) and rate my Crabtree & Evelyn as amongst the easiest to lather - I just wet the brush and after half a minute had more lather than I needed.
Cheers,
Renato

Apparently, some people do have issues getting C&E to lather. I'm not one of those people. It's a very easy soap for me to lather.

I couldn't tell you, to be honest. I'm just particular with my lather. I have said no to many favourites around here, just because they weren't creamy enough. Often, English triple-milled stuff gives off a "fake out" lather until you find what makes it tick. This was the same idea for me. I give it a big thumbs up!

I don't like what I call "airy" lather, but aim for what I call creamy or pasty lather. I know that using a badger brush all I could get out of L'Occitan Cade soap was airy lather, which worked for shaving, but not as well as when I used a boar brush to get pasty lather out of it.
Cheers,
Renato

I haven't tried the Nomad soap yet. I have tried the Sandalwood and it is truly a top performing soap. Their creams are outstanding as well.

Had that shop had a Sandalwood puck, I'd have bought that actually.
Yes, their creams are indeed superb too.
Regards,
Renato

I'm trying the Arko Nomad combo tomorrow!

As for Cade, I deal with it the exact same as C&E and it's one of my favourites.

I find Nomad to be a very good soap, not great but very good. It is however one of my favorite scents. One of these days I'm going to try the Sienna

I find Nomad to be a very good soap, not great but very good. It is however one of my favorite scents. One of these days I'm going to try the Sienna

Thanks. Do you have the Nomad EDT - I think I remember it being sold.
Have you come across a soap you'd consider great?
While with creams I can rate them within the range very subaverage to great, with soaps the range for me is between good and very good - though, if Nomad continues performing well in terms of micro nicks with other razors, it may get a great from me.
Regards,
Renato

Mike's rocks!

Also, I have the Nomad EDT, and it's my go to. I've had it over a year and I still love it. My wife literally made me but it when she smelled it. It's masculine, woody and has a clean feel to it. One of my favourites yet.

Mike's rocks!

Also, I have the Nomad EDT, and it's my go to. I've had it over a year and I still love it. My wife literally made me but it when she smelled it. It's masculine, woody and has a clean feel to it. One of my favourites yet.

You make me wish I'd bought it when it was sold in that shop. From memory, it wasn't too expensive.
Regards,
Renato

If I remember correctly, it was $35 or so, for 100ml. A very good value, for sure. It lasts a long time on fabrics, and a medium amount of time on bare skin. To be honest, I've had at least 5 different women ask me what it was, when I wear it. For whatever reason, Nomad EDT turns much less spicy and more leather/woody with my pH.

Top Bottom