What's new

Merkur 37c or Muhle r41?

Hello guys!
I shave with Muhle R89 from april. It's cool tool, but i have problem with shave my neck on 0. On my neck hairs grow horizontal and it's hard to shave with this razor. I think about Merkur 37c - it has blade in angle, so it can work. I think about R41 too, it shave close, so it can work too. Can you give me some tips? Sorry for my english.

Hello guys!
I shave with Muhle R89 from april. It's cool tool, but i have problem with shave my neck on 0. On my neck hairs grow horizontal and it's hard to shave with this razor. I think about Merkur 37c - it has blade in angle, so it can work. I think about R41 too, it shave close, so it can work too. Can you give me some tips? Sorry for my english.
Welcome to B&B...to shave the neck do less passes until u get better at shaving. Do side to side and down passes only. The passes must be with light pressure....also try to shave in x pattern on the neck if u can, that's what i do.

yes, my two neck passes are basically 45 degree X-pattern passes from jaw corner down to adam's apple and then chin to collarbone below ear on each side of neck. I never try for super smooth on the neck due to irritation. I keep my best work for my face which can handle the extra passes. from what I understand an R41 may cause your neck more problems than it resolves. on the other hand I can highly recommend a slant razor for great two pass neck and awesome three pass face results. best of luck!

I actually recently just purchased both 37C + R41. I have not used the R41 yet as I want to use one at a time for a few weeks each to assess them. However, the slant is fantastic. It's heavy (80 grams) and I am able to shave without (or with minimal) irritation around my neck which is my biggest problem area as well. I haven't gotten BBS on the neck yet but I just started using it the other day and I think that may take some time.

$IMG_2456.jpg

welcome, the 37C is the easier razor for most people IMHO and it seems to bring out the best in almost any blade you put into it. the 41 is a amazing tool in itself, only had a few shaves with it but it will remain in my arsenal (here I had best results with a Feather blade).

typically the tool does not make the shave.

It is your technique which needs to be improved upon

Top Bottom