What's new

Has anybody used these blades in a Weck?

Feathers are all the rage around the DE sub-forum and I found some Feather Super Cut Special Stainless Platinum blades on the bay and was wondering if anybody around has used them as of yet in a Weck Hair Shaper?

Feather Blades

There was talk about them in one of the longer Weck threads, but they seemed difficult to get hold of. Not any more, thanks for the link! :biggrin:

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Not used them, but it looks like they will fit Weck.

I am not sure these blades are manufactured by the same company that makes the Feather DE blades. There is no Trade Mark on the package.

Wavy blade!:scared:

They look like the Pro-Mate blades, the wavy part ends before the smooth end and Ladykate saya the Por-Mate blades shave very well. It would be good to find someone with experience with them before I buy them.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
They look like the Pro-Mate blades, the wavy part ends before the smooth end and Ladykate saya the Por-Mate blades shave very well. It would be good to find someone with experience with them before I buy them.

I don't think those are made by "Feather", but are "Feather cut" blades. I would pass ;).

They came in today and I will try one tonight. My hope is that they are the same as the Pro-Mates and are smooth. If not, the dog gets a hair cut this spring with them.

Yup, no good, please ignore this post...

Last edited:
I don't think those are made by "Feather", but are "Feather cut" blades. I would pass ;).

Yep. However, if someone does find a genyouwine Feather hair shaper blade with a straight edge (not scalloped) I would be on it like stink on cow poo.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Yep. However, if someone does find a genyouwine Feather hair shaper blade with a straight edge (not scalloped) I would be on it like stink on cow poo.

There is the Feather Plier blades, but they only work in the Plier razor.
$jatai-feather-plier-hair-styling-razor-kit-includes-razor-and-20-plier-blades-JATAI-F1-80-300-40.jp

The Feather SS is cheaper.

Well, I now have 5 different blades for my Wecks. Now that I have a good half dozen SR shaves under my belt, I figure I will see which one I like the best. So far, the Personna shave well as do the Fromm blades. The Brittney blades were a disappointment at first but shaved as well as the Fromm after a light stropping.

I did a little lapping on the "Feather" blades, 9 micron down to .3 followed by stropping and it shaved fine with little tugging but not as well as the aforementioned. I will try the Pro-Mates tomorrow, the price was about the same as the Brittneys shipped. Lets hope they perform well.

$DSC_0007.JPG

Top Bottom