What's new

Antique store finds

Got done at work early today, so I hit up a new antique store in town. I think I found some good items. I found an Ever-Ready 150 (I cut the knot off already), a D 1 flare tip Super Speed, and a straight from Joseph Elliot. It says Joseph Elliot's Best Silver Steel Sheffield Eng on one side and Rangoon on the other. I can't find much about it, but I have a feeling these aren't the original scales. Does anyone have any info on these razors?

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 73
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 72
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 72
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 71
I actually don't own any hones or strops at all, I just picked this up and was thinking of polishing it up for fun. I've never used a straight razor before, but I definitely want to start. I need to get some hones and a strop soon then I guess...

Legion

Staff member
I actually don't own any hones or strops at all, I just picked this up and was thinking of polishing it up for fun. I've never used a straight razor before, but I definitely want to start. I need to get some hones and a strop soon then I guess...

Well, you could (and probably should) send the razor out to be honed, if it is your first. Then you can get some CrOx on a balsa bench strop. That should keep it sharp for a while while you learn. All you need then is a beginner strop and you are good to roll.

I just picked up a Joseph Elliot & honed it up; it is a wonderful shaver. I'm sure yours will be too!
:thumbup1:

Top Bottom