What's new

Welcome, New Guys Come Say hello

Hello, I´m writing with a fountain pen since I was eight years old.
I have pens from all over the world, but to lazy to count them. There a pens for one Dollar, up to pens you don´t ask the price if you want them. My favorites are Japanese pens from Pilot and Platinum. I love their nibs.

This is a great forum. I can combine my love with fountain pens and wet shaving as a hobby.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Welcome to the Nib [MENTION=112811]scob[/MENTION]! From what part of Austria are you? When I was in Vienna I went to a small shop called Wiener Füllfeder Werkstätte which was fun for me as I collect and repair Pelikan pens. Somewhere I have a special Austrian safety pen, can't remember the name right now.

Enjoy the B&B community!

I live near Salzburg. Pen shop´s are very dangerous. Most of the time I go in with one pen and come out with two.

I´m more into Japanese and German pens, so I can´t help you with the name. To be honest I dont´t know any Austrian fountain pen brand.

Thanks for the welcome.

Hey, I just thought I'd drop in to say hello. I'm new to The Nib, but far from new to fountain pens.

I've been "collecting" fountain pens for the past 3 years, but I wouldn't really call myself a collector, just a fountain pen user that accumulated a bunch of pens as a result of trying out various different things.

I have a collection of about 45 pens, half being vintage and the rest being mostly semi-modern and modern Japanese and German pens.

I'm a big fan of 60s-80s era Pilots and Pelikans and they are my main focus these days.

My current favorite pens are probably my Pilot Justus (not the 95) from the early 80s with its adjustable nib and my Pelikan M400 Brown Tortoise also from the 80s marked W.-Germany with its springy OB nib.

Last edited:
Erik, your interview with Dave on B&B Radio a couple of months ago got me thinking about finally getting around to acquiring a fountain pen. Fast forward to today.....I'm on a business trip, and whilst having coffee at a place in downtown Appleton, WI, I notice a pen shop across the street! I kid you not! So, after some due diligence on the Nib forum, I mosey on over to check things out. Long story short, I walked out with a Pilot Metropolitan, a TWSBI Eco, and a bottle of blue ink!

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Erik, your interview with Dave on B&B Radio a couple of months ago got me thinking about finally getting around to acquiring a fountain pen. Fast forward to today.....I'm on a business trip, and whilst having coffee at a place in downtown Appleton, WI, I notice a pen shop across the street! I kid you not! So, after some due diligence on the Nib forum, I mosey on over to check things out. Long story short, I walked out with a Pilot Metropolitan, a TWSBI Eco, and a bottle of blue ink!

Great to hear, Chris! I haven't tried any Sailor inks yet, but both of the pens that you picked up are good choices when starting out. What nibs did you get on your pens?

Thanks, Erik. I got "medium" on both.

OK, added a third, also medium:

proxy.php

Hi guys, I have posted a few times in this forum, but have yet to say hello officially.
I have two fountain pens, one Pilot metro and one Parker Frontier. I have Koh-I-Noor Hardmuth blue ink winging it's way towards me as I write this and hope it's an OK ink.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
OK, added a third, also medium:

proxy.php

Nice!

Hi guys, I have posted a few times in this forum, but have yet to say hello officially.
I have two fountain pens, one Pilot metro and one Parker Frontier. I have Koh-I-Noor Hardmuth blue ink winging it's way towards me as I write this and hope it's an OK ink.

Welcome, officially, to The Nib, Anders! :thumbup:

I have never tried Koh-I-Noor ink. Hopefully, one of our members with a little better knowledge of Czech inks will have an opinion of it.

Hey Gents!

New to this forum (B&B) and love that there's a 'Nib' section.

Have a large collection of pens and inks - dove head-first into the rabbit hole about three years ago and haven't looked back.

Have 80-ish pens and just as many bottles of ink, if not more. Love getting people hooked on handwriting and fountain pens, and do my best to encourage everyone I meet to use them.

My favorite pens are the Pelikan M800s, Visconti Homo Sapiens, Montblanc 149s, Lamy 2000s, and Pilot Falcons - though I love just about every fountain for one reason or another.

Excited to connect with other fountain pen enthusiasts and to learn more about straight razor shaving. (I have a Merkur DE razor I've been using for several years and recently picked up a cheap Parker shavette to practice straight razoring around my beard)

More than glad to help anyone with fountain pen, ink, or paper related questions.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Hey Gents!

Have a large collection of pens and inks - dove head-first into the rabbit hole about three years ago and haven't looked back.

Have 80-ish pens and just as many bottles of ink, if not more. Love getting people hooked on handwriting and fountain pens, and do my best to encourage everyone I meet to use them.

My favorite pens are the Pelikan M800s, Visconti Homo Sapiens, Montblanc 149s, Lamy 2000s, and Pilot Falcons - though I love just about every fountain for one reason or another.

Excited to connect with other fountain pen enthusiasts and to learn more about straight razor shaving. (I have a Merkur DE razor I've been using for several years and recently picked up a cheap Parker shavette to practice straight razoring around my beard)

More than glad to help anyone with fountain pen, ink, or paper related questions.

Nib section? We even have some Badger & Blade limited edition inks (from Noodlers).

Welcome aboard.

Nib section? We even have some Badger & Blade limited edition inks (from Noodlers).

Welcome aboard.

Wait...WHAT?!?

Sweet baby Jesus, I had no idea! (I exclaim while rubbing my hands togetherness joy)

This just gets better and better...

Hey Gents!

Welcome aboard and good to have you here!

Are the B&B inks still available? I just checked WCS and couldn't find them. I could always use a backup bottle of Five O'Clock Shadow!

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Hey Gents!

Welcome to B&B and The Nib!

Wait...WHAT?!?

Sweet baby Jesus, I had no idea! (I exclaim while rubbing my hands togetherness joy)

This just gets better and better...

Some our Benevolent Badger Blue went for up for bid at the Sue Moore Auction this year:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/501934-057-Two-Bottles-of-Benevolent-Badger-Blue-Ink

We've had a few B&B pen related items:
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/list_of_b_and_b_shaving_products

Are the B&B inks still available? I just checked WCS and couldn't find them. I could always use a backup bottle of Five O'Clock Shadow!

The only item that I'm aware of still being available is the A5 notebook cover:
http://www.westcoastshaving.com/specials/badger-and-blade-a5-notebook-cover-saddleboot-black.html

Top Bottom