What's new

Weck Sextoblade - How Scared Should I Be?

271140974678.jpg
I Just took delivery yesterday on a Weck Sextoblade. I put a Personna hair shaper blade in it. How scared should I be? How likely is it that the guard will afford some protection as I learn how to maintain a light touch and hold the razor when shaving? I have briefly tried a straight before (Whipped Dog special), but just couldn't get the hand of it without carving my face.

It'll bite you with the guard on. But if you take your time and focus on technique you'll be fine. I honestly get a great shave with the guard on all the time. I tried without and it was a horror show.

No fear at all! The Sextoblade is awesome. The guard is like training wheels. When I used mine with the guard it seemed as easy to use as a DE. Try using it with the guard a few times, then take it off. Once you get used to handling it, using it without the guard is pretty easy too. I have several Wecks and they are some of my favorite shavers.

I have three shaves with a Weck under my belt now and they were also my very first SR shaves EVER! I didn't use the guard and had a fine shave but didn't get all over in every corner, that will come later. For now it has been shaving the cheeks and neck, WTG, ATG and XTG with no weepers, nics or cuts. I did use the Brittany blade last night and it was about worthless IMHO so stay with the Personna.

Good luck and let us all know how it goes, I'm pullin for ya!

I find that I get a weeper or two with a new blade and then it mellows out and gives a very nice shave. I used one this morning and I have a near-BBS but I had two weepers that I don't normally get - however, I was being fairly aggressive. Just take it easy with a new blade and you should be fine. Start gently - cheeks only. Don't try atg until you get used to everything. Don't be afraid to touch up with your favorite DE or cart. In fact, when starting, some make the first pass with their normal razor and then use the straight.

Ladykate,

Have you had a chance to try the Feather Special blades yet? I have some on the way if you would like me to PIF a few.

Top Bottom